Posting End Date: JULY 25, 2021
Posting will expire at 11:59 pm local time.
One of Husky’s advantages is that we are an integrated oil and gas company. From exploration to development, production, refining and marketing, we’ve got it all! Combine this with a range of learning and development tools and an inclusive work environment, and you are well-positioned for a successful career at Husky.
We have training, mentoring and career development programs and resources to help you develop both personally and professionally – as an employee or a leader. We offer many internal leadership and business skills courses along with tuition reimbursement programs for qualified employees. Every year, a significant number of our employees are able to take on new roles within the company thanks to our strong focus on hands-on learning and development.
This position is accountable for providing technical and functional leadership in Safety and Operations Integrity (S&OI) for the Superior Refinery. Additionally, this position will champion the implementation of COIMS processes to ensure compliance to regulatory standards and statutes for all aspects of S&OI specific to the operations of the entity. This position will partner with the management of the entity to promote a High Reliability Organization with a focus on continuous improvement. Finally, this position is accountable to advise and support the Rebuild Project in terms of safety needs and direction.
- Develop the yearly strategic goals and objectives that drives toward Husky’s Safety vision and the performance of the S&OI Deployed team to deliver on those goals and objectives.
- Support COIMS assessments and assist the entity in developing gap closure plans to close the gaps that are identified.
- Develop and implement an assurance program within the entity that includes all elements within HOIMS for both LOD 1 & 2 as per COIMS Element 15 Requirements.
- Coach & mentor the Entity leadership team on process and occupational safety while driving towards a High Reliability Organization. This includes collaboration with entity leadership to meet and/or exceed Performance Metrics outlined in the entity performance contract as per COIMS Element 1 Requirements.
- Responsible for S&OI Deployed team to provide an independent view of risk from operations. Intervention may be required based on the risk identified.
- Provide strategic direction and advise Rebuild Project leadership on safety practices, LOD assurance activities, etc. Serve as focal point for resolution of key safety items and drive safety planning within the project context.
- Foster collaboration between the S&OI Deployed team and the S&OI Central Team, leveraging the Technical Authorities and multi-disciplinary support as a conduit for communication to ensure robust processes are created and maintained and improved.
- Provide leadership and development of the individual contributors and construction safety manager that report within the S&OI Deployed team.
- Support in the establishment of continuous improvement culture, processes and tools through active leadership.
- Minimum 5 yrs. experience supervising staff
- Minimum 5-7 yrs. experience in a SOI&E environment
- Minimum 3-5 yrs. experience with Root Cause Analysis and Incident Investigations
- Minimum 3-5 yrs. working knowledge of performing safety audits and inspections
- Minimum 3-5 yrs. working knowledge of SAP or other Enterprise software
- Minimum 3-5 yrs. experience working with 3rd party consultants and contractors
- Minimum 10 yrs. experience in the oil and gas industry
- Working knowledge of Regulatory requirements in and oil and gas environment
- Reference SOI&E Deployed Competency Matrix (TBD)
Education & Professional Designations
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Related post-secondary education or equivalent experience
- Occupational Health and Safety Certificate/Diploma or Degree from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Class 5 driver’s license
- Certified Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) or equivalent
- Process Safety Related Training (PHA/HAZOP, LOPA, P&ID Interpretation)
- Root Cause Analysis certification (ie. TapRoot)
- You may be required to work in a wide variety of conditions due to the nature of the operation (working at heights, in confined spaces, with noise, in extreme weather conditions)
- Safety Sensitive: Yes
- As this position has been identified as safety sensitive, employment of a final candidate selected for this position will be conditional upon successful completion of required pre-employment medical and drug/alcohol assessment.
- Drives for Results
- Forward Thinking
- Change Agility
- Develops Potential
- Communicates Effectively
- Works Collaboratively
Please note that pre-employment background checks are pre-conditions to Husky employment offers and must be completed successfully before you are confirmed to start with Husky.
Husky Energy is an affirmative action employer and we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, veteran status, or other personal or physical characteristics protected by law.
Husky Energy is an integrated Canadian energy company headquartered in Calgary, Alberta. The Company operates Upstream and Downstream business segments, with operations in Canada, the United States, China and Indonesia.
Husky’s balanced growth strategy focuses on consistent execution, disciplined financial management and safe and reliable operations.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.huskyenergy.com.