ConocoPhillips is one of the world’s leading exploration and production companies based on both production and reserves, with a globally diversified asset portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, ConocoPhillips had operations and activities in 13 countries, $93 billion of total assets and approximately 9,400 employees at March 31, 2022. Production averaged 1,747 MBOED for the three months ended March 31, 2022, and proved reserves were 6.1 BBOE as of Dec. 31, 2021.
In Canada, we can trace our history back over 110 years. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, our current investment programs are focused on the operated Surmont oil sands development in the Athabasca region of northeast Alberta and the liquids rich Montney unconventional play in northeast British Columbia. Our production averaged 94 MBOED in 2021 and proved reserves were 0.3 BBOE.
Our story demonstrates our commitment to the community, our innovative approach to technology and our adaptability during the changes faced by our industry. Within our Calgary office, we have implemented a Hybrid Office Work program, which offers eligible employees flexibility with the option of working remotely on Wednesdays and Fridays. We believe that diverse opinions, ideas and perspectives are what fuels innovation, and we reinforce this belief through a DEI Council of employees, a culture of psychological safety and an Engagement Network, to name a few. Our workforce represents the international communities in which we live and work, bringing together talented people from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Consistent with our focus on excellence, ConocoPhillips continues to discover and develop best practices in diversity, equity and inclusion – for the good of our enterprise, our employees, our vendors and our communities.
This is a Sr Production Revenue Accounting Analyst position in the Canada Production Revenue Accounting Team reporting to the Supervisor, PRA & Royalty. This position is responsible for supporting the Canadian assets, working alongside the Sr PRA Analysts supporting Joint Venture Accounting and Royalty.
- Subject matter expert on BC and Alberta Oil Sands royalty regulations
- Coordinate and compile the submission of required regulatory reporting
- Engagement in royalty regime changes in Alberta and BC
- Supporting royalty accounting activities, including audits, related to Alberta and BC assets
- Review accrual processes and implement continued improvements as regulations change
- Close working relationships with other groups on royalty assumptions and financial modeling
- Lookbacks and analysis on EOPS submissions
- Support the operated and non-operated joint venture accounting activities as required
- Other ad hoc work to support the Canada PRA team as required
- Across all these areas: focuses on knowledge sharing and on continuous improvement, strong problem resolution and coaching. Is proactive in supporting business needs and best practices.
- Promote positive interaction and communication with management, other employees in Calgary, Houston, and Bartlesville to provide superior support to the business
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 10 years oil and gas experience with exposure to royalty accounting
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects/priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with various internal and external parties
- Willingness to learn
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Legally authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis without restrictions
- Joint Venture accounting experience would be an asset
- Professional finance designation
- Proficient in SAP, Excel, EnergyLink
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of January 20th.
Current employees: Please ensure you have discussed your intent to apply with your current supervisor prior to applying for any internal position.
For information on our Sustainable Development performance in Canada, visit www.cpcsustainability.ca
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit careers.conocophillips.com.