The new SEAM organization integrates Safety, Environment & Asset Management activities, with a broad geographical footprint, that will support Shell’s business & assets around the world.
The vision of SEAM is to provide capability across the spectrum of Safety, Environment and Asset Management with:
- shaping the future ways of working through introducing to the business new technology and new ways of working, including e.g. digital, SBO, and real-time, data-driven, end-to-end optimization and risk management, but also global programmes like Human Performance Based Safety Philosophy
- providing performance feedback driving disciplined execution to deliver reliable, predictable results
- helping the businesses build their improvement plans and provide support to execute them
- sustaining performance through strong core capabilities (internal, including SBO & contingent) through building expertise and a company-wide consistent approach
- To independently, resourcefully, and creatively research and implement new solutions for effective management of Geo-Information within SSW (Sub-Surface and Wells)
- Support a variety of improvement projects and may be called on to steer projects as needed
- Ensure Data Management activities meets Group Data Quality Standards compliance as they relate to operations
The VP TAO will be accountable for maximizing integrated business value across the organization. Technical Asset Operations (TAO) is a key enabler for the accelerated delivery of Shell’s Asset Management System and will help us to reach our ultimate potential in Downstream Manufacturing, Integrated Gas and Upstream. TAO provides high quality and cost-competitive technical resources who are not physically present at site yet are an integral part of asset teams delivering value through end-to-end AMS work processes.
Purpose & Accountabilities
- Maintain the geodetic integrity of the geospatial data managed by SSW
- Manage existing services and ensure delivery as per existing SLAs
- Collaborate with the staff and deliver as a cohesive unit
- Maintain the global integrity and accountability for SSW data maintenance and assurance processes, controls, performance measures (especially FOD Metrics) and compliance
- Assure customer needs are met and benefits are recognized by the business.
- Support improvement projects and contribute to process improvement initiatives (e.g. CI) to ensure quality management is a key component and outcomes are sustainable from a quality management perspective.
- Participate in Geomatics network and share key achievements and challenges
- Working with multiple stakeholders, tools and workflows
- Demystify the process complexity and identify simplification opportunities
- Understands SSW processes at the skilled level
- Has skills in the different Geospatial Data Management applications.
- To perform as an activity lead
Skills & Requirements
- Strong aptitude for Learner Mindset
- The successful candidate should have a University Degree in Geomatics/Geoscience with at least 2 years of Geomatics industry experience
- Strong knowledge on Geodesy
- Strong knowledge and experience in geospatial data management with exposure to different ETL tools like FME (Feature Manipulation Engine)
- Hands-on experience with relational databases and SQL
- Knowledge and experience in design, development and sharing of Geo-information data to different stakeholder
- Knowledge of various E&P Geoscience applications & Workflows
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, communication skills and leadership abilities
- Knowledge of Information Management, design and implementation of management systems and processes desired.
- Flexibility to move quickly across changing priorities and manage multiple Projects/Activities
- Ability to independently, resourcefully, and creatively research and implement new solutions
- A good understanding of the Upstream/Downstream/Integrated Gas business and how it works
- Ability to engage and effectively communicate at all levels inside and outside Shell and within different cultural settings
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to challenge and ability to build internal and external relationships based on trust and to integrate across multiple functions
- Ability to analyze large data and create meaningful insights
To apply for this job please visit jobs.shell.com.