Our client, an international Exploration and Production Operator, is currently seeking a Sr. Process Engineer to join their Anchorage, AK team. This is an opening with competitive pay, benefits package, and a matching 401k.
Provide Process Engineering oversite to Client’s two operating North Slope Oil Fields. The candidate will be sole contributor expected to perform hands on work evaluating performance of existing facilities and making recommendations for improvement. Studies will consist of macro and micro scale evaluations of entire systems and individual nodes.
- Have the skills and knowledge required to specify, design, evaluate/troubleshoot and commission oil and gas processing/treating plants and equipment.
- Will be required to interface with Facility/Production Engineers and field Operations and Maintenance personnel on various projects.
- Responsible for optimizing performance by maximizing production while minimizing operating expenses, hydraulic losses and downtime.
- Manage assigned projects from conceptual evaluation through implementation and startup.
- Work closely with, and advise Operations personnel during plant operation, planned start-ups, and shutdowns.
- Assist in developing production, capital expense and operating budgets.
- Thorough understanding of crude oil and natural gas processing and treatment:
- Proficient in the design and simulation (HYSYS) of upstream oil & gas processing facilities/systems and equipment, from conceptual to P&ID defined levels.
- Proficient in selection, design, performance evaluation and debottlenecking/troubleshooting of vessels (separators, towers), heat exchangers, reciprocating and centrifugal compression, glycol dehydration, multiphase pumping, distillation columns, piping, control valves, PSVs and other safety systems. General working knowledge and fundamentals in the areas of thermodynamics, risk assessment, flow assurance/hydraulics, materials/corrosion, instrumentation and controls, measurement and metering, and rotating equipment.
- Including documenting and updating datasheets and relevant drawings.
- Ability to create and evaluate nodal piping networks to identify bottlenecks, and recommend solutions. Integrate dynamic well production data into the evaluation.
- Ability to develop and update Process Flow Diagrams, Heat and Materials Balances, process descriptions, and operating procedures.
- Assist in writing operating procedures of assigned projects, if required.
- Extensive knowledge of Process Safety Management (PSM), including MOC, PHA and PSSR processes. Ability to lead small PHA’s is desirable.
- Working knowledge of Process Control Systems in relation to instrumentation and process controls. Ability to make recommendations to improve programming or instrumentation.
- Experience as part of a multidiscipline team for design, installation, commissioning, and startup of CAPEX and OPEX Projects. Experience as Project Engineer or Project Manager is desired.
- Working knowledge of ASME, API, NACE, ISA, IEEE, NEC, and other relevant industry standards.
- Experience with implementation of QA/QC practices during design and installation.
- BS or MS in Chemical Engineering (Preferred). Other degrees upon review and approval.
- Minimum 5 years (10 preferred) oil & gas experience.
- Familiar with North Slope operations and production facilities, some field experience preferred.
- Exceptional teamwork skills to interface with office and field staff.
- PC proficient, familiar with Windows and MS Office software.
- General working knowledge of AutoCAD a plus.
- Display good troubleshooting skills:
- Able to solve technical issues in a timely manner.
- Displays good judgement, understands when to solicit help.
- Good field troubleshooting skills.
- Able to interface with and work well in a team environment:
- Work well with peers, field personnel, and other groups within organization.
To apply for this job please visit www.airswift.com.