ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
Commercial Specialist for Gulf of Mexico requires extensive knowledge of Land and Commercial management, with specific focus on Gulf of Mexico oil and gas transportation and processing activities. The candidate must possess strong negotiation experience, strong contract background and demonstrated strategic thinking.
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Central point of contact (internal and external) for all Gulf of Mexico Commercial midstream business matters
- Preparation and submittal of required reporting and nominations for Gulf of Mexico oil and gas transportation contracts
- Interpretation of complex Gulf of Mexico land and midstream Commercial contracts (JOAs, PHAs, transportation agreements, etc.) and provision of advice and guidance to asset team and management
- Assist in the administration of AFEs, Commercial Gazettes, BSEE filings, etc.
- Perform research projects (former assets, pricing/differential trends, etc.) and on special projects as required
- Create value for the business through strategic planning and identification and capture of cost recovery or cost optimization opportunities
- Protect value for the business through contract knowledge and adherence, co-owner relationships, and commercial negotiations
- Assist in the Commercial management of Production assets
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with government agencies, industry competitors, and relevant internal Hess departments
- Government agencies – maintain strong working relationships with regulatory authorities (primarily the BOEM and BSEE). Remain current on changing rules and regulations applicable to licenses, license maintenance, and transportation (FERC).
- Industry competitors – initiate, maintain and enhance strong relationships with negotiators and decision makers of strategic competitors to keep management advised of their strategies and tactics including joint venture opportunities.
- Internal Hess departments – ensure effective departmental relationships to foster team effectiveness with Exploration, Legal, Development, Production, Tax, Treasury, EH&S, Land Administration, Accounting, etc.
5+ years in a Land, Commercial or Marketing role with some exposure to Gulf of Mexico operations
Education, Training & Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or Law degree a plus
Leading at Hess refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
Hess is an equal opportunity employer; we welcome diversity in all forms of expression and thought.
Hess is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Hess is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, click here or send an email to MyHR@Hess.com.
Posting Notes: Jazzmine Ononiwu | Employee | Commercial | United States| Texas | Houston | | | | | No | 26317
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hess.com.