ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
The Specialist, Gulf of Mexico Procurement has operational accountability for delivery of Procurement operations for Hess in the Gulf of Mexico and leads development and implementation of global strategies and improvement plans to deliver M&L consistency and excellence across Hess assets globally.
The role is based in Houston and is a direct member of the Gulf of Mexico (GOM) Materials and Logistics (M&L) Organization. This position reports directly to the Sr. Manager, Materials and Logistics within the GOM Supply Chain organization.
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Act as the process owner for the procurement process, and be ultimately responsible for:
- It’s daily performance and ability to meet its objectives (both customer- and business-facing KPIs)
- Anticipating and adapting to changes that impact the process
- Driving the continuous improvement of the process
- Ensuring the process aligns within the overall GoM M&L value stream as well as global GSC strategies.
- Manage the supplier resource who are executing the tactical procurement activities to achieve the above objectives, including:
- Managing the daily workflow and prioritization, including making all work and its status visible
- Managing the dashboard and workflow operating rhythms
- Identifying, prioritizing, and coordinating the problem-solving and continuous improvement activities to address the gaps (such as indicated by the KPIs/Operating Rhythm)
- Ensuring the continued standardization of the process and procedures, and ensuring these standards are followed
- Align with Supplier Relationship Manager of supplier resources and
- Provide regular feedback on supplier performance
- Support the continued development of the supplier resources in alignment with the direction and objectives provided by Supplier Relationship Manager
- Perform procurement analysis and optimization activities in support of offshore platforms in the Gulf of Mexico and GSC strategies:
- Reduce the frequency and cost of expediting materials due to process inefficiencies
- Support stocking level strategies to improve warehouse stocking levels
- Work with customers to ensure material ordering is understood, followed, and meeting customer needs
- Provide operational and project support to GoM Material & Logistics team members as to meet all operational KPI targets.
- Backup team members, as required.
- Contribute to global M&L Controls, Optimization and Best Practice activities:
- Identify, build, and support the required infrastructure to allow for effective process management, including standard work, dashboards & operating rhythm, problem solving, and workflow visibility & management as guided by lean principles.
- Participate in inventory counts and provide support for M&L related audits
- Support training and improvement projects with other M&L asset teams.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain teams, Category Management and Operations to identify and prioritize opportunities for optimization improvements.
- Demonstrate commitment to safety culture within the team; use Hazard observation and Behavior observation approach to identify and mitigate risks.
- Travel to see and learn about operational needs firsthand, lead improvement events/drive best practices, and support Inventory Count processes as needed.
- Minimum of 5 years of Procurement or similar experience
- Understanding of full end-to-end process (sourcing strategies, network location & inventory stocking strategies, replenishment planning, financial controls etc.)
- Leadership skills in managing a remote vendor team
- ERP Systems application experience and knowledge (SAP preferred)
- Preferred: oilfield equipment knowledge
Education, Training & Certifications
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Operations Management or a related field
- MBA or additional certificate (CSCP, CPIM, et.) study preferred
The Hess Way of Working refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships – Strong communication skills, ability to influence, builds trust through delivering on commitments, capability to understand business needs and strategies
- Delivers High Performance – responsive, highly organized, standard work-driven approach, manages results via metrics
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions – Considers business needs, priorities, data, and efficiency in determining best course of action
- Demonstrates Courage – ability to raise difficult issues, and influence/challenge others to arrive at optimal cross-functional decisions
Hess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Lisa B Willet | Employee | Supply Chain | United States| Texas | Houston | | | | | No | 25770
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hess.com.