Introduction to SEAM:-
The new SEAM organization integrates Safety, Environment & Asset Management activities, with a broad geographical footprint, that will support Shell’s business & assets around the world.
The vision of SEAM is to provide capability across the spectrum of Safety, Environment and Asset Management with:
- shaping the future ways of working through introducing to the business new technology and news way of working, including e.g. digital, SBO, and real-time, data-driven, end-to-end optimization and risk management, but also global programs like Human Performance Based Safety Philosophy.
- providing performance feedback driving disciplined execution to deliver reliable, predictable results
- helping the businesses build their improvement plans and provide support to execute them
- sustaining performance through strong core capabilities (internal, including SBO & contingent) through building expertise and a company-wide consistent approach
The VP TAO will be accountable for maximizing integrated business value across the organization. Technical Asset Operations (TAO) is a key enabler for the accelerated delivery of Shell’s Asset Management System and will help us to reach our ultimate potential in Downstream Manufacturing, Integrated Gas and Upstream. TAO provides high quality and cost-competitive technical resources who are not physically present at site yet are an integral part of asset teams delivering value through end-to-end AMS work processes.
The role of the Senior Technical Specialist – Maintenance is to manage a single or multiple assets where TAO teams support. The teams provide remote support for Maintenance Execution, Turn around & related AMS processes.
Job Purpose & Accountabilities:-
- The Senior Technical Specialist – Maintenance is accountable for supporting the Planned Maintenance Execution process of Electrical and Instrumentation areas of Critical electrical and Instrumentation systems for the particular facilities.
A key accountability for the Sr. Technical Specialist – Maintenance is -co-own the facility Maintenance Execution performance and drive quality of delivery in the work preparation and scheduling and execution of maintenance activities. Challenging day to day performance and driving continuous improvement within the offshore and onshore teams is required.
The Sr. Technical Specialist-Maintenance is accountable for instilling a sense of pride and ownership of the facilities within the facility maintenance community and supporting the Facility Manager & Rotating Eqp Manager in the safe delivery of front line maintenance and support.
- Enable effective process safety management.
- Through effective maintenance planning, ensure work is planned and delivered safely and ‘right first time’.
- Demonstrate commitment to HSSE through zero breaches of Life Saving Rules, zero overdue Sphera actions and embracing Goal Zero culture.
- Contribute to incident investigations
- Aid and guidance to assets with regards to active management of impaired Safety Critical Elements. Particularly with SCE notifications identified as contributing to MAH risk ensuring deviations within FSR are managed to ensure no red overdue
- Support the management of discipline critical document updates and review Tier 1 and Tier 2 Critical Drawings as a minimum.
- Review weekly performance dashboards (HSE, FSR, production, maintenance etc.) to initiate and lead maintenance improvement activities using e.g. LEAN / CI methodologies
- Daily communication with OMC.
• Role model the leadership attributes Role model the leadership attributes (Authenticity, Growth, Collaboration, Performance)
- Liaise with key stake holders within the asset like Production, Electrical, PACO and Mechanical department personal as required.
• Act as Contract user (where designated) for discipline related contracts, be familiar with the terms & conditions and scopes of works
• Feedback performance of contractor resources/specialists to the Asset Contract Holder
• Asset liaison focal point for required job
Support implementation of AMS processes including:
- Integrated Activity Planning
- Perform Maintenance Execution
- Manage Equipment Care
- Perform Turnarounds
Manage Threats and Opportunities
- Lead conversations with asset key stake holders like discipline engineer, , Operations and Maintenance Lead / Operations Maintenance Coordinator, engineering manager and maintenance engineer etc.
- Enable the teams in preparing preventive, corrective, shutdown/turnaround maintenance activities’ work pack/task lists for Instrument and electrical equipment.
- Acts as the first point of contact within the Work Planning team to address questions that arise during work planning, either technical or ways of working concerns.
- Individual needs to provide an automomous answers to the bulk of the enquiries the assets personnel are getting. Individual needs to be able to make the relevant decisions and communicate the way forwrad to their own team and to the asste personnel
- Lead a variety of improvement projects as required.
- Develop comprehensive plan for electrical equipment works in accordance with site Safe Work Practices and HSSE guidelines, and include all materials, manpower, work sequencing, rental equipment & tools, and entering requisitions for materials and services. Knowledge of non-routine maintenance activities and Prepare comprehensive work packs for maintenance of Instrument and electrical equipment like Motors, HV/LV switch gears, VFD’s , HVAC system, generators, Transformer, Heat tracing and other electrical equipment’s etc.
- Develop work packs for Field Instruments(transmitters like PT ,TT),Fire and Gas detectors ,Analyzers, valves-CV/ESD/Choke valve, (Field Instruments, DCS systems, Safeguarding Systems, Control Valves, PLCs, Fire and Gas systesm and equipment, PCD security, Quarter turn or on/off valves) DCS corrective and Preventive maintenance orders.
- Coordinate with Offshore/onshore assets, logistics (marine & Air) and different stake holders as required to execute the planned work.
- Job hazard assessment, setting out risks anticipated required while performing tasks and creating Permit to work
- Planning of end-to-end work orders to enable efficient scheduling and ensure compliance of executable work orders
- Improving productivity by ensuring the resource, special tool, material, and service requirements availability before the job begins
- Constantly engage with Project Manager, Field lead original equipment manufacturers, vendors and modify the plan as recommended/required by the asset partners.
- Anticipate & plan for BOM, tools and tackles and manpower required for Field Instruments, if required from the vendors and accommodate the information in the work pack.
- Network with counterparts and other levels of organization across the different operating units, data centers and develop networks within Shell
- Review completed work for learnings after completion and close out project.
- Identifying & resolving the bottlenecks and implementing changes/improvements in the processes.
Preventive Maintenance Duties:
• Support PM activities as required.
Corrective Maintenance Duties:
Ultimately the Work Preparer is required to identify the cause of the problem then design, prepare and manage a solution for that problem.
• Understand the cause of the problem and determine the scope of the activity to return the equipment back into service.
• Develop a work order for maintenance jobs with the necessary information to allow efficient scheduling, assignment of resources, hours and materials to allow execution of the maintenance work.
• Notify and liaise with LOLER focal point to ensure any lifting plans are progressed as required. Provide any equipment details as required.
• Evaluate work scope feedback to improve future work.
• Provide technical assistance / link to vendor support as required to the offshore maintenance team.
- People Management:
- Manage a team of engineers supporting one or few assets.
- The role will be reporting to TAO Technical Operations Manager of Up stream and will also functionally report to the respective Asset O&M Lead / OMC.
- Manage stakeholders, namely various business partners in assets & other corporate businesses/ functions as well as internal peers & Extended Leadership Teams.
Skills & Requirements: –
- University Degree or equivalent in Instrument/Electrical engineering discipline with 15 plus years of work experience in Maintenance Planning & Execution, Production Operations & Engineering in Offshore Oil & Gas platforms.
- Having prior experience in Work preparation, Planning, IAPS, Scheduling and various KPI analysis.
- Field experience in preparing, integrating, and managing major maintenance activities (usually multi-discipline work) for handling various Electrical and instrumentation areas of rotating equipment’s like package equipments, Solar, GE etc make gas turbines and compressors.
- Experience in handling different stake holders within the asset.
- Managing different discipline engineers to get the work done.
- Industrial/field experience Operations and maintenance of major equipment’s.
- Experience in leading large team in a virtual environment. A track record in building and sustaining teams.
- Experience in implementing change & continuous improvement projects.
- Able to proactively manage stakeholder expectations and experience in working across different cultures.
- The Sr. Technical Specialist Maintenance needs to be a self-starter, taking initiatives and able to work without close supervision.
- Due to multiple/conflicting priorities, candidate needs to be strong in prioritization, managing stakeholder expectations and be resilient under pressure.
- Should be able to guide the team and steer them through the tough/demanding situations and able to contribute hands on.
- Sound understanding of business/process workflow and having mature mindset to deal and behave under tough/challenging situations.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.shell.com.
Be the first to comment