ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
- Design artificial lift systems (rod pumping, ESPs, gas lift) using associated programs.
- Prepare workover job packages by performing well history analysis and creating procedures and cost estimates (based on standards) for artificial lift installation, maintenance, and offset frac preparation jobs.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot underperforming or down wells through Exception Based Surveillance (EBS) from wells handed over by Reliability Operators by shooting fluid levels, interpreting dynamometer cards, and reviewing other artificial lift setpoints and parameters.
- Evaluate, maintain, and develop new EBS signals.
- Request ‘Check-out Crew’ processes to perform standard work such as tag and space, load cell cable replacement, etc.
- Provide technical support and coaching to onsite workover Rig Supervisors and Reliability Operators.
- Document artificial lift failure root cause analysis within Well View.
- Participate in well optimization evaluation and implementation with Production Engineers.
- Identify and document Subsurface Reliability workflow problems and improvement opportunities.
- Create and maintain well setup in XSPOC system.
- Provide direct support to and share accountability with area teams.
- Perform Behavior Based Safety observations.
- Review over/underspent work orders.
- Provide input on standard work instruction development and implementation.
- Support pilot/project initiatives to increase reliability of artificial lift systems.
- Participate in the Root Cause Analysis (RCA) process with the Subsurface Reliability Engineers.
- Provide direct support to and share accountability with Area teams.
- Industrial / Oilfield experience.
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft).
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Basic understanding of Workover rig operations.
- Advanced artificial lift equipment and operational knowledge.
- Good communication skills.
- Knowledge of safety requirements and practices.
- 3-5 years of field operations experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Continuous Improvement – 30%
- Process Execution – 20%
- Problem Solving / Decision Making – 40%
- Leadership / Coaching – 10%
- Field Time (“go see”, meetings/collaboration) – 60%
- Desk Time (admin, invoices, data analysis, emails) – 40%
The Hess Way of Working refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
Hess is an equal opportunity employer; we welcome diversity in all forms of expression and thought.
Hess is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Hess is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, click here or send an email to MyHR@Hess.com.
Posting Notes: Hina Patel | Employee | Facilities & Projects | United States| North Dakota | Minot | | | | | Yes | 26951
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hess.com.