Contribute. Grow. Lead…with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda – key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. OxyChem’s market position is among the top three producers in the United States in 2020 for the principal products it manufactures and markets. Based in Dallas, Texas, the company has manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Canada and Latin America.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Staff Accountant located in Dallas, Texas.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of sales and inventory information, analyze product cost data, monitor/reconcile terminal and warehouse inventory, and ensure integrity and accuracy of month end accounting close process.
- Evaluates the accuracy and reliability of accounting data, effectiveness of existing accounting procedures and controls, and makes recommendations for improvement. Develops, recommends, and implements accounting practices to promote consistency, application of best practices, task automation, and efficiencies.
- Support business and manufacturing locations with analysis, as required.
- Assist on terminal and warehouse inventory physical audits.
- Provide support for external audits, government and tax reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance (with a minimum of 18 hours of Accounting)
- 2+ years of professional accounting experience
- Experience with integrated ERP accounting systems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- MBA or CPA.
- Proficiency in SAP (FI/CO, MM, PA modules)
- Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with system integration and reporting systems (TM1, Business Warehouse, Hyperion)
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status
– United States-Texas-Dallas
– OXY CHEM
To apply for this job please visit oxy.taleo.net.