Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 13 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.
ConocoPhillips and its heritage companies have operated in the Permian Basin for almost 100 years. Across New Mexico and Texas, the company holds conventional positions in the Northwest Shelf and Central Basin Platform, and an unconventional position in the Delaware Basin. At year-end 2020, the company held about 750 thousand net acres across the basin, with net production of 85 thousand barrels of oil equivalent per day. ConocoPhillips is committed to being an innovative and environmentally responsible operator, and the new technologies and practices that it is using in this area exemplify that.
In January 2021, ConocoPhillips completed the acquisition of Concho Resources Inc., greatly expanding the company’s position in the Permian Basin. The addition of 550,000 net acres complements the company’s position in the Delaware and Midland Basins and created a sizeable Permian presence.
Establishing and maintaining positive relationships with local stakeholders in support of ConocoPhillips’ growth plan in Permian is crucial. This Midland-based position will dialogue with and respond to local government and other community interests to understand the sentiment of various communities throughout the Permian region where ConocoPhillips operates. A primary focus is on strengthening the company’s reputation and preserving license to operate through routine, planned engagement and community support.
If you are selected as the Stakeholder Relations Advisor, you will help educate key stakeholders about our company’s approach to safe and environmentally responsible oil and gas development plans while at the same time, acquire feedback to mitigate operational risks to the business that may arise locally.
Additionally, you will support community investment and employee volunteerism/engagement in alignment with business objectives and community needs. Travel is expected, primarily to support Midland and the surrounding TX operations.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Engagement with local officials, community leaders, civic/business organizations, and landowners, among others in our Permian operating areas
- Establishing a consistent method for community feedback and local intelligence while providing education about our business and consistent messaging to stakeholders
- Will represent the company locally at events; coordinate with Corporate Community Relations on strategic application of charitable/sponsorship dollars including administrative support
- Establish field-based Community Investment Committees, employee engagement activities and volunteer events
- Support emergency response as acting Liaison Officer (LIO)
- Support Permian Strategic Partnership (PSP) efforts as needed through interaction with community leaders, PSP staff and peer companies
- Lead Small Biz Builder entrepreneurial program for the Permian region.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States as a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as a permanent resident, refugee or asylee
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business, Public Relations, related business field, or foreign equivalent
- Current valid driver’s license
- 3+ years of experience with corporate communications, government affairs or related experience
- Willing and able (with or without reasonable accommodation) to travel 25% of the time on a yearly basis
- Advanced proficiency in public speaking
- Efficient leadership, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Practical self-starter that can work efficiently with minimal direction
- Work several short and long-term issues or projects concurrently
- Meet commitments and deliver project results
- Cultivate diverse partner support
- Use communications and social skills to align people and empower the organization to achieve goals
- Develop and maintain coordinated partnerships with internal client groups
- Handle community advocacy efforts to mitigate operational risk
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by holding others accountable and standing up for what is right
- Delivers positive results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
- Builds effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
- Listens actively and invites new ideas for exchanged opinions, then influences and acts to drive positive performance and achieve results
- Builds positive relationships based on trust and seeks collaboration across organizational boundaries to achieve goals
- Drives thoughtful and pragmatic change, inspires innovative thinking and continuous improvement, and models adaptability through resourcefulness, flexibility, and positivity
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of March 3, 2023.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a) (1). Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.conocophillips.com.
Be the first to comment