Occidental Petroleum Corporation is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization. Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the full-time position of Stimulation Design Engineer within the Well Analysis and Design Team in the ORCM Delaware Basin Business group, based in Houston, Texas.
Essential Job Duties:
- Generate frac stimulation designs and completion recommendations for Delaware Basin assets. These deliverables would be the by-product of multi-discipline integration of key subsurface data, reservoir and frac modeling, and would be in conjunction with an optimized wellbore architecture. Understanding and optimizing the completion design for key productivity drivers is critical.
- Evaluate existing well design standards critically and proactively to further maintain a cost-effective design, while maximizing hydrocarbon productivity/recovery on future drill wells (in collaboration with other team members).
- Innovate and improve existing stimulation designs and workflows particularly for challenging and relatively newer formations.
- Continuously design plans to test new technology and techniques, make recommendations to improve well’s economic and productivity.
- Collaborate and leverage other completion engineering resources within Oxy (e.g., Worldwide Completions team, Operations team, other Business Units and/or other functions) on key technical initiatives/studies (e.g., cluster efficiencies, longer stage length application, pump schedule optimization, DFIT evaluation, and/or identifying potential test future technology & application).
- Help support the optimization of well spacing/stacking/landing patterns alongside reservoir engineers and geoscientists.
- Collaborate and work with multifunctional teams (e.g., development team, operations team, and asset/production team) to prepare for upcoming well designs, handover documentation, the execution, and coordinate any potential testing/trial program for new wells.
- Coordinate MOC documentation and material forecast submission for any key changes in design and science plans with the planning team, operations team, and supply chain.
- Lead internal completion design reviews, lookback reviews, and risk assessments for potential design changes.
- Provide stimulation design engineering support for potential workover or re-frac candidates.
- Maintain and incorporate surveillance of offset competitor activity, emerging technology, and general trends in the industry.
- Direct and coordinate work activities with vendors as needed.
- Provide mentorship and coaching for less experienced engineers.
- Education: Master’s degree or PhD in related Engineering discipline.
- Experience: 5 years or more of related experience in Completion Engineering and/or Stimulation Design Engineering in unconventional reservoirs, preferably with some Permian Basin experience.
- Extensive experience in hydraulic fracture modeling using commercial software packages is required.
- Strong data analytics background and experience in order to do some regression, Multi-Variate Analysis and optimization
- Reservoir engineering experience in unconventional is highly valued.
- On-site frac stimulation experience would also be preferable.
- Possesses both theoretical and practical knowledge in frac modeling and integrated frac design workflows (Gohfer and/or other industry standard modeling software). Knowledgeable with geomechanics.
- Knowledgeable in well design and completion operations, with aim to ensure safe, consistent, and high-performance operations through one’s stimulation design work products.
- Able to work under pressure and willing to challenge status quo for benefit of improving current process and design.
- Programming skills (particularly Python and familiarity with the Pandas library) and Spotfire knowledge and the ability to manage big datasets are required. Must be effective at creating impactful data visualizations and leveraging them to affect business decisions.
- Possess strong presentation skills and the ability to communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Possesses strong written communication skills and excellent organizational skills.
- Critical thinking and challenging the status quo.
- Multi-tasking and problem solving with an ability to analyze and recommend solutions on projects with a high degree of uncertainty.
- Ability to interact effectively with team members and other departments.
- Exhibit the qualities of a good team player such as conveying a positive attitude within/outside the organization, contributing ideas, and collaborating with team members to find new ways of working efficiently to extract the maximum value from assigned assets.
- Embody the Oxy Values:
- Lead with passion: love what you do and aim to revolutionize the industry.
- Outperform expectations: always demand excellence from yourself and think boldly.
- Deliver results responsibly: hold yourself accountable and never stop building value.
- Unleash opportunities: unlock potential by taking calculated business risks necessary to advance.
- Commit to good: do the right thing no matter what and take care of your colleagues, the company, and the world.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
– United States-Texas-Houston
To apply for this job please visit oxy.taleo.net.