Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 13 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.
As a member of the Lower 48 Strategy & Portfolio Management group you will fill an important role on a small cross functional team with major impact. We support executive management actions to optimize value and help craft the overall strategy of Lower 48. The position involves considerable senior level exposure and coordination with Assets, Corporate Finance and others.
You may be eligible for the voluntary hybrid office work (HOW) program that is designed to provide employees with flexibility while maintaining the advantages of in-person engagement.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Assist the planning team with development and implementation of new strategic planning vended solution to replace existing platform in collaboration with IT and Business Unit stakeholders
- Portfolio analysis/optimization with view on total Lower 48 and company strategic objectives
- Provide adhoc strategic/economic recommendations to senior management
- Deliver LRP through collaboration with assets and QA/AC activities
- Coordinate SMOG reporting processes through comprehensive asset-level analysis and YoY variances
- Execute adhoc financial models for optimization scenarios
- Perform competitor analysis and using own expertise, formulate a point of view of the business environment and translate into strategy to support decision-making
- Perform screening level economics on large opportunities identified by the organization
- Share knowledge and find opportunities to improve efficiencies and quality customize technology workflows to support business processes and development strategies
- Support the preparation of key internal and external presentations such as the Analyst and Investor Meeting and Annual Shareholder meeting
- Provide leadership in the coordination and implementation of special projects originating from the executive team and senior leaders
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States as a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as a permanent resident, refugee or asylee
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Geoscience, related discipline or foreign equivalent
- 5+ years of experience with the upstream energy industry including subsurface, technology, drilling, facilities, or capital projects
- 5+ years of experience synthesizing and communicating complex information effectively
- 5+ years of experience developing financial models to evaluate acquisitions and dispositions
- 5+ years of experience applying data analytics to decision making
- 10+ years of experience in the oil and gas industry
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel, PowerPoint, Spotfire
- Intellectual curiosity and exceptional analytical skills
- Individual with the ability to work independently
- Actively seeks out diverse set of people and organizations to collectively achieve business goals
- Transmits information so it is received and understood in the way it was intended
- Analyzes issues and understands their business impact
- Understands how key financial and quantitative indicators impact business
- Understands and anticipates how daily actions impact and shape the future
- Builds effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
- Delivers results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
- Listens actively and invites new ideas for exchanged opinions, then influences and acts to drive positive performance and achieve results
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of March 14, 2023.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a) (1). Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.conocophillips.com.
Be the first to comment