Role: Civil / Structural Engineers – Large Concrete (and Steel) Structures – UK Nuclear New Build
Location: North-West Bristol, close to M4/M5 junction (though some home working will be considered for candidates wishing it)
Salary: Up to £58000 + good benefits including 10% client pension contribution, 24 days holiday and private healthcare.
Start: November 2021 onwards (due to need to obtain security clearance – client happy to wait for candidates to serve appropriate notice period)
An exciting opportunity exists for a Civil / Structural Engineer with (ideally large) concrete structures design and analysis experience and knowledge of relevant civil engineering Eurocodes to work in support of EDF’s Hinkley ‘C’ nuclear power station construction project.
The role will be based at the client’s head office in north-west Bristol close to the M4/M5 junction, though some home working (up to 2 days/week) might be considered.
Prior nuclear industry experience would be useful but is not essential – other large project/structures experience would be acceptable
- Clarification of schedules and, more generally, design deliverables
- Review of construction non conformances and proposed solutions made by others;
- Review of construction modifications and proposed solutions made by others;
- Participating in collaborative meeting with designers, constructors and project managers;
- Collaborative activities with detailed designers
Qualifications and Experience
- Good Civil / Structural Engineering design experience
- Civil engineering design office experience, particularly in the design of industrial reinforced concrete structures
- Experience in detailed design
- Prior nuclear industry experience would be advantageous
For the right candidate, our client can offer a competitive salary and benefits package, combined with the opportunity to work for a highly respected company at the forefront of the UK nuclear new build industry offering excellent prospects for future career development and advancement.
MORSON INTERNATIONAL, part of the Morson Group, are the leading TECHNICAL & ENGINEERING RECRUITMENT COMPANY in the UK specialising in Technical Support to the following industries: Nuclear, Power Generation, Aerospace, Rail, Marine, Petrochemical & Construction
To apply for this job please visit www.morson.com.