Our client are a world leader in engineering and drilling activities and in the development of major projects, in the energy and infrastructures sectors.
They are looking for a Structural Engineer to join their team working from their Saint Quentin en Yvelines facility. The role will be contact based to run for an initial 12 month period. The position will be paid on a day rate basis and rate is negotiable depending on experience and suitability.
Structural engineer with 3-5 years in installation aids design, for deep-water subsea project (installation aids for deployment of FLET, suction piles, J-lay catenary, spool, umbilical, flexible …)
- On previous project, several design of installation aids, starting from a simple description of the functional need.
- Experience of previous project with a dynamic installation context: interface with installation team to define and adjust the scope of work in order to converge on the most relevant design ; familiar with the subsea installation equipment terminology.
- Application on previous subsea project of the standards for structure API 2A WSD, AISC 9th Edition and for marine operation DNV-ST-N001
- Use on previous project of both FEA software ABAQUS (2D shell and 3D volumic ), Beam sofware SACS and hand calculations.
- Autonomy in the practice of design and calculation. Proposal of solutions to the lead on project.
- On previous subsea projects, reviews of drawings, work in cooperation with draftman, commitment on data provided to drafmen in advanced phase.
- A presence on site in our clients offices (Saint Quentin en Yvelines), is requested at least 3 days per week.
- English (write & oral) is mandatory
Please apply with up to date CV.
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
To apply for this job please visit www.nesfircroft.com.