- Vacancy information
Our vision is to make possible the global delivery of offshore energy for today and tomorrow.
Subsea7’s offshore operations span five decades, successfully completing over 1000 projects. Working in all water depths across all energy hubs, our engineering expertise, alliances and specialist technologies enable us to engage early so that our multi-disciplinary teams can design and deliver the solutions that our clients want.
Our values are what guide us every day: safety, integrity, performance, collaboration, sustainability and innovation.
We have a strong track record of safe and reliable delivery. Our reputation as a collaborative service provider in long-lasting client relationships makes us one of the most trusted contractors in our market which includes oil and gas and renewable energy. By joining Subsea7, you become part of a team who ‘Make the Journey Possible’.
What is the role?
Subsea7 have a great opportunity for a Structural Engineer to join the Offshore Resources team in the Westhill, Aberdeen office on a staff basis.
As Structural Engineer you will be responsible for developing structural engineering solutions for a diverse range of projects across the fleet. You may be involved in things such as the installation of ROV launch systems, new mezzanine deck designs and sea fastening designs for back deck equipment as well as vessel structural upgrades and modifications during drydocking and maintenance periods.
What will your responsibilities involve?
- Provide specialist skills, integrity and knowledge in key areas of structural engineering, including design codes, legislative requirements and current good engineering practice
- Undertake responsibility for production of deliverables, which may include preparation of design reports, engineering support to Drawing Office designers, design calculations, specifications, procedures, analyses, progress reports, bid evaluations, study reports and various third-party submissions
- Provide in-place design, transportation and lifting analysis and sea fastening design using various software packages
- Design and detailing in accordance with acknowledged industry codes, standards and design guidelines, client specifications and scopes of work
- Production of specifications, data sheets and MTOs
- Support package engineering and management on large structural material procurement packages
- Undertake structural analysis utilising MathCAD, STAAD Pro, FS2000 and ANSYS or similar software
- Coordinate structural engineering support to the execution of multi-discipline projects in line with defined budget and schedule.
- Liaise with associated related disciplines and understand the interfaces within a project
- Provide specialist structural engineering assistance during occasional periods of offshore or site working
- Actively participate in relevant training to pursue continuing professional development
What are we looking for?
- Educated to degree level in Structural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Naval Architecture, but experience may be considered
- Engineering experience in the design of structures including within the Marine and/or Oil and Gas industry
- Awareness of marine classification and local legislation
- Identifies industry codes, standards and design guidelines
- Ability to support package engineering and management
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, MathCAD, STAAD Pro / FS2000 / ANSYS or similar software.
- Chartered Engineer or working towards chartered status
What’s in it for you?
- Career Development – As well as being able to offer a wide variety of projects to work on we have a dedicated personal development scheme and are committed to developing our people to allow them to progress their career through the organisation
- A Sustainable Future – As the energy sector continues to evolve, Subsea7 are playing a proactive role in developing emerging energy markets. These markets include: decarbonising offshore oil and gas, floating wind, carbon capture and storage, hydrogen and decarbonising our own operations
- Flexible working – We offer a flexible working environment with hybrid working options available
- Benefits – We pride ourselves in offering you and your loved ones a wide range of world-class core and flexible benefits, which focus on supporting you and your family’s financial, emotional and physical wellbeing
Subsea7 are committed to creating a diverse workforce and we look to offer excellent career opportunities as you develop your skills and aspirations.
To apply for this job please visit careers.subsea7.com.