LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 63907
Why you should join us:
Student positions (including co-ops and interns) at Suncor are more than just a work term. They provide you with meaningful and challenging work experiences to help enable you to determine where you want your career to go – better yet, many of our co-op students go on to become permanent Suncor employees after they graduate! You will work side-by-side with some of the most talented people in the energy industry, and your work assignments and mentoring will offer you extraordinary academic and career growth.
In this position, you will be responsible for service order monitoring, assignments, and timely completion of client requests for assistance. You will gain a deep understanding of several areas and challenges within this team
You will use your expertise to:
• Provide front line support for a variety of operations and laboratory support, including analytical troubleshooting and prioritization
• Play a key role in the Suncor change management process along with adherence to business and IT standards, policies, and procedures
• Interact with multiple levels within the organization
We’d like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
• Currently enrolled in an undergraduate computer science or engineering degree at an accredited university and returning to full-time studies after the work term
• Attach your transcripts with your application and clearly indicate the length of work term for which you are available
• Knowledge of Microsoft OS (Windows 7/10, Windows 2008/2012/2016) and word, excel, project and access
• Strong collaboration skills, you collaborate with others to achieve the best results and deliver the best outcome
• Adherence to procedures: you don’t take or tolerate shortcuts and if the procedure is incorrect, you help to fix it
• Alignment with our values: safety above all else, stronger together, operational discipline, curiosity and lifelong learning, and act with integrity
• Previous experience providing front line support or troubleshooting is an asset
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other important information:
• This is a twelve month work term, starting in May 2022
• You will work out of our Calgary head office, located in the Suncor Energy Centre at 150 – 6th Ave S.W.
• We have numerous Employee Inclusion Networks who work together to help foster an inclusive and respectful culture and drive positive change at Suncor. Current networks include both Workplace Inclusion Networks (focusing on inclusion and respect for all), and identity-focused networks (focusing on building community and a sense of belonging and allyship for different groups)
• Suncor is aware that some job seekers have received false employment offers from an individual or organization posing as Suncor. All recruiting is conducted through our Careers site, your resume needs to be submitted to this site if you would like to be considered for a role. To learn more about false recruiting offers, click here.
• We require qualified and safety-focused employees for business-critical roles that maintain our commitment to operational excellence and reliable operations. We are using technology to conduct virtual interviews to adhere to physical distancing recommendations and we are well set up for remote onboarding and orientation
• Suncor encourages everyone to do their part and support global efforts to limit the impact of COVID-19 with good hygiene practices, physical distancing, and with care and consideration for the people around you. For more information on how we’re responding to COVID-19, click here. #StrongerTogether
Start your career at Canada’s leading integrated energy company with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else – if it isn’t safe, we don’t do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our purpose and values.
Stay connected to us:
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job postings and news
- Visit our Report on Sustainability to see our progress on a number of environmental, social and economic topics and what we’re doing to position our company for the future
- Join our Talent Community and sign up to receive customized job alerts
- Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see what we’re doing in the communities we live and work in
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request. Check out our social goal to learn how we are working to build greater mutual trust and respect with the Indigenous Peoples in Canada.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so don’t delay, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Students & New Grads
To apply for this job please visit jobs.suncor.com.