Petrofac is looking to recruit a Subcontract Team Lead to join our Petrofac Facilities Management Limited on a permanent basis based in Aberdeen, UK.
What we do
Petrofac is a respected international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries. Our comprehensive and tailored service offering covers each stage of the project life cycle and a variety of commercial models, giving our clients the flexibility they need.
Diversity & Inclusion
We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability. Petrofac is striving to develop a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can contribute. Applications are also welcomed from candidates who want to discuss flexible working or job-sharing requests.
Main purpose of the role:
The Subcontract Team Lead will manage all sub-contract activities related to Asset Operations, Asset Solutions cross service line subcontracts and general corporate activities as required in accordance with the functional objectives and will ensure effective processes, procedures and resources are deployed
In addition, the Subcontract Lead will provide Governance to all subcontract activities across parts of the wider Asset Solutions business
- Provide leadership, management, coaching, mentoring, guidance, and advice to the Asset Operations subcontracts team members including managing their development, career progression and training
- Ensure appropriate subcontracts resources are provided across Asset Operations to meet the contract’s needs, ITT’s and the wider Asset Solutions subcontract activity which they have responsibility for
- Oversee the subcontracts performance and ensure that company requirements for third party goods and services are met in an efficient manner, maximising value and minimising risk
- Promote commercial awareness with all user groups to encourage SCM activities revenue to be maximised and costs to be minimised
- Provide a professional, courteous and effective centre of expertise for all user subcontractor and client queries and requirements
- Promote an environment where people can share knowledge, develop and learn and to instil a culture of flexibility, innovation and willingness for continuous improvement.
- Lead and promote a performance culture within the subcontracts team, improving focus on performance and value creation
- Lead in the resolution of contractual claims and disputes.
- Develop and manage the subcontracts plan,
- Development of Assett Operation subcontract strategy papers
- Preparation of Invitation to Tender(ITT) packages, including instructions to bidders, proposal form, subcontract agreement, terms and conditions, special terms and conditions, index and commercial exhibits as appropriate and receive and review all other parts of the bid package to ensure continuity and completeness, including liaison with sponsor departments
- Issue subcontract ITT package to approved tenderers, manage the clarification process (including close out of contractual and commercial qualifications) expedite responses, prepare formal commercial evaluation of bids and recommendation to award
- Prepare and issue to the selected contractors approved contracts and contract amendments
- Maintain and log all subcontract change authorisations and amendments
- Where appropriate liaise with Asset Solutions functions for legal, tax insurance and compliance to obtain their input into subcontracts
- Work with the Services lines to negotiate subcontract terms with suppliers in line with Petrofac Best Practice and prepare justification for any significant exceptions for senior management approval
- Ensure any agreed subcontractual position is approved in line with the Delegation of Authority Matrix.
- Ensure that where appropriate the sub-contract terms drafted to ensure full back to back coverage
- Prepare subcontract approval paperwork (subcontract RRC,GRRC and Tender Board paperwork) in support of ITT’s and awards
- Ensure strict confidentiality of all subcontracts and ITT processes
- Provide governance to the Asset Solutions subcontracts function
- Ensure that Asset Operations s subcontracts activity is in full compliance with company requirements with respect to Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality
- Ensure compliance with company operating procedures and statutory regulations including adherence to approved processes
- Contribute to maintaining and improving the company’s reputation in the market
- Work with Head of Commercial/Commercial Director and functional lead to promote consistency of approach and the adoption of best-practice across Assett Solutions
- Continually review and adapt subcontracts processes, procedures, and systems to ensure group objectives and client expectations are met
- Provide support to the Head of Commercial and the procurement team in all contractual issues raised through the normal supply chain activities
Skills & Experience:
- Qualified to degree level in an appropriate discipline (Business/Law/QS/Supply Chain) and preferably a full member of CIPS/RICS.
- Knowledge of head and sub contract terms across Assett Operations service lines including but not limited to: platform operations and maintenance, OPEX and CAPEX engineering & construction, logistics, etc.
- Considerable oil and gas experience in tendering, awarding, managing and negotiating subcontracts and in in drafting Supply Chain subcontracts for all tiers of suppliers in differing commercial and contractual arrangements
- Ability to work independently and have excellent communication and presentation skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work under own initiative and meet tight deadlines
- Team/functional leadership skills
- Prioritise work to ensure tight deadlines are met
- Proven negotiations skills
- Ability to influence subordinates and key stakeholders
Closing Date: 16th August 2022
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.