JOB TITLE: Subsea Engineer
REPORTING TO: Technical Section Leader/Subsea Supervisor
LOCATION: Gulf of Mexico, Offshore
Broaden your horizons. Own the Opportunity.
Seadrill is one of the world’s most modern offshore deep-water drilling companies. Using ground-breaking technology we operate in 15 countries across five continents, employing some 5,000 people representing 65 nationalities.
Our vision is to Set the Standard in Drilling. It’s an ambitious goal. And every single one of us has a part to play. Help us to keep innovating, improving and maintaining the highest safety standards, and we’ll give you what you need to be your best too.
Responsible for safe and efficient management and execution of subsea operations.
· High School Diploma or Equivalent, Bachelor’s degree in engineering or educational equivalent from an accredited technical school or comparable military experience
· Five years in a Sub Sea role with three years MUX (electro hydraulic subsea systems) experience and formal assessment of competency
· Valid Well Control Certification (IWCF Level 2 – Introductory)
· Working knowledge of technical calculations required for subsea operations.
· Read and decipher drawings, electro hydraulic circuit diagrams for competent evaluations of troubleshooting techniques.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
· That clear daily operational guidelines are provided to all direct reports.
· All relevant governing documents are adhered to by direct reports.
· Visible leadership by spending time in the field and monitoring daily operations.
· Thorough handovers are provided at each daily change of shift.
· Subordinates are trained in order to make them suitable for a higher position.
· Other duties are performed as required and/or directed by his/her direct supervisor.
· BOP latching/unlatching operations.
· Budgetary control of the department.
· Well kill operations as per instructions from Seadrill supervisors.
· Compliance with the Seadrill Code of Conduct.
· Compliance with applicable internal and external governing requirements.
· That any operations do not exceed the limitations of the unit or its equipment.
· Daily detailed planning is conducted for all upcoming operations.
· Good and clear communications with all involved parties.
· That subsea equipment certification at all times is valid and available onboard
· Compliance with Seadrill training, certification and competence requirements.
· That all relevant personnel are adequately trained in handling emergencies.
· That all emergency equipment is in good condition and configured as required.
· Non-compliances are promptly acted on and reported to the direct supervisor.
· Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required are performed.
· Compliance with the standard for tidiness and cleanness.
· Assume the safety role as per station bill and emergency preparedness plan.
· Meeting activities in a proactive and constructive manner.
· Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required.
EQUIPMENT & SYSTEMS
· Conducting daily control of all well control equipment and systems.
· Conducting daily control of all subsea support systems.
· Conducting equipment function and pressure test as per procedures or as directed.
· Subsea equipment/systems are maintained and maintenance is recorded.
· Sufficient stock of subsea equipment spare parts and materials is maintained.
· Managing equipment preparation for future drilling operations.
· Professional knowledge of hydraulic, electric IT components and configurations for subsea BOP equipment
· Demonstrate proficient technical understanding of engineering and industry standards and the Company management system
· Prepares BOP, riser and riser tensioning configurations for acceptance by Supervisor
· Carry out the deployment, pressure testing and maintenance of BOP under the direction of the Sub Sea Supervisor
· Operate and maintain the BOP handling systems
· Assist in running and testing the wellhead, casing hangers and seal assemblies
· In conjunction with the drilling department, ensure that accurate well specific space out measurements are taken, verified and submitted to the Sub Sea Supervisor
· Assist in the deployment, operation and recovery of the riser and tensioning system in accordance with well specific operating guidelines and engineering riser analysis
· Communicate equipment problems or breakdown to Sub Sea Supervisor and other department heads onboard
· Assist in the development and compilation of comprehensive subsea procedures and checklists
· Demonstrate cost control awareness of subsea equipment and inventory
· Responsible for joint review of all pre-deployment BOP checklists with Sub Sea Supervisor
· Responsible for maintaining up-to-date documentation package and drawings of subsea equipment onboard. Maintain the accuracy of the documentation package and drawings and participate in the management of change process together with the shorebased office
· Conduct performance appraisals for subordinates. Recommend promotion, development or disciplinary action
· Effectively use all safety and environmental tools employed by Seadrill (4-point check, OBS cards, PTW etc.
Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
Must be fully COVID vaccinated and able to provide record
WHAT YOU’LL GET IN REURN
Wherever you join us you’ll be part of a team that takes pride in maintaining their colleagues’ safety as well as their own, to ensure safe and successful operations. We employ the best in the industry, and we want to keep it that way. So if you want to keep developing your skills, we’ll give you every opportunity. We also offer a competitive reward package, with an attractive base salary and a range of benefits tailored to your location.
Join Seadrill. Own the Opportunity.
Seadrill is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit seadrill.csod.com.