- Vacancy information
At Subsea 7, we take pride in being recognized globally as a leader across the Energy Industry. For 5 decades our people have delivered over 1000 projects in all water depths across our energy hubs and we continue to do so, adapting and evolving in an ever-changing world. Our success and sustainability are only made possible by continuing to develop our assets and technology through innovation and collaboration, and importantly through the development and diversity of our people who every day ‘Make Incredible things Happen’ At Subsea 7.
The Subsea 7 Global Projects Centre & Asia Pacific teams foster performance on large offshore projects across the world. Our people share expertise, passion and commitment to deliver. They have the opportunity to collaborate with our clients, regional offices, functions and strategic alliances throughout the full life cycles of offshore energy development projects from conceptual phase until execution onsite and start-up.
To support the Global Projects Centre & Asia Pacific (GPC) development and increased in industry interest in offshore energy development, we are looking for experienced Senior, Principal and Specialist engineers to provide services to the Subsea 7 rigid pipeline team looking after design, sizing and follow-up of rigid flowline delivery for subsea oil and gas field developments.
Based within the Global Project Centre of Subsea 7 Suresnes office, you will be specialised in the design and analysis of offshore pipelines. Depending on the level of experience, the Rigid Pipeline Engineer will provide design engineering analyses to study, projects and/or tendering engineering activities.
All personnel are expected to contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture within Subsea 7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to local HSEQ codes and practices.
SPECIFIC KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES
- Provides specialist skills in key areas of subsea pipeline engineering, including mechanical and integrity calculations for offshore pipelines according to relevant design codes.
- Evaluates, organizes and prioritises his/her work, providing regular feedback to the Lead / Discipline Manager.
- Produces his/her own deliverables and responsibility over packages, which may include rigid pipeline in-place design calculations, specifications, material take-off, progress reports, bid evaluations, study reports and various 3rd-party submissions.
- Understands clients’ needs; identifies and addresses design parameters and problems; develops and implements solutions by proposing innovative solutions that enable cost & risks reduction.
- Understands the interfaces or the discipline scope within project environment.
- Actively participates to tender/project risk assessment and assess mitigation.
- Supports the Company in meetings/correspondence with Clients, subcontractors, 3rd parties, etc. in a technical capacity.
- Interfaces with Supply Chain Engineers and Product lines for adequate procurement of line pipe and other products.
- Provides engineering assistance during mobilisation and occasional periods of offshore or site working where required.
- Provides expertise in the development of the discipline continuous improvements and creates, develops and/or validates tools.
- Operates within standardised engineering policies, processes and systems in the Business Management System (BMS) and Knowledge Management Centre guidelines.
- Collaborates closely with internal stakeholders such as Project Engineering Managers Engineering Discipline Managers Other Engineering Departments and Engineering project personnel, Supply Chain Management and HSEQ project personnel onsite missions, Offshore Managers and Supervisors
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- The Role would suit a candidate from a range of backgrounds including Pipeline, Mechanical, Structural, Geotechnical Engineers.
- Prioritise, organise and deliver work to deadlines set by management
- Presents self in a professional manner appropriate to the role
- Produces work of presentable quality
- Can effectively work as a team member across multiple projects.
- Sound communication skills in English.
Desirable Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of subsea pipeline design, fracture mechanics or finite element analyses acquired on-the job or via a PhD
- Engineering experience within the Subsea industry
- MSc or PhD in STEM or equivelant
- Previous experience with Python coding
- Membership to a relevant Professional body
To apply for this job please visit careers.subsea7.com.