Bell Oil and Gas
Job Title: Subsea Well Superintendent
Place of Service: Lagos
Status of Service: Rotational
For nationals and expatriates
- Guarantee personnel. equipment availability and mobilization offshore to the rig & OIMR/ LWI vessels, minimize NPTs
during operations and maintain high HSE incidents
- Ensure that all operational requirements are proactively managed
- Monitor SPS contractors’ performance (KPI) for service delivery for offshore operations, equipment maintenance and life of
field activities towards drilling, ECP & Field operations
- Focal point for all offshore operations and provide support to Onne Subsea Superintendent for onshore preparatory aspects
that impact upon readiness, maintenance, and mobilization of personnel/equipment to the rig, OIMR & LWI vessels (based on
up-to-date operational schedules).
- Facilitate Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Risk Assessments (RA) for activities and ensure that supervisors promptly
investigate and provide incident reports.
- Submit and file A3 reports / Non-conformance reports / close out reports for RCAs and operational RAs. The role will also
ensure that necessary actions are taken to prevent reoccurrence.
- Facilitate post-operational debrief sessions and log lessons learned arising from operational activities for continually improving
performance (i.e., minimize NPT, reinforce best practices etc.).
- Participate in engineering scopes for well construction activities i.e., maintenance and availability of tools and equipment,
operational programs, reviews (for HAZID/HAZOPs, Well-on-Paper exercises etc.), and accurate reporting.
- Prepare and participate in contractor audits – HSE, SCM, and SQM activities and propose ways of continually minimizing
costs, enabling higher quality, and improving performance.
- Maintain good technical interface with other entities – HQ, HSE, Assets, Drilling, Well Integrity Group, and GSR for business
and operational requirements.
- Ensure that offshore Work Instructions, Management of Change (MoC), and the issuance of Well Handover & End of Well
Reports (Short and Long) are correctly developed and submitted on time.
- Drives a LEAN, 3C, cost rationalization and continuous improvement culture throughout the well delivery cycle
- Interface with DW Stock control to ensure proper tracking of materials and spares under TUCN custody and control, related
to CONTRACTOR Base activities.
- Procurement process in line with budget and operational requirements, and related administration/reporting/tracking.
- Cost follow up and reporting to each DW technical entity on budget line/Call Off expenditures.
- Proper spares management implementation by Contractor (storage, segregation, inventory, robust obsolescence
management etc.) to assure operation and maintenance tasks are executed as scheduled.
- Support technical aspect (interface engineering, logistics support, offshore operation/deployment) of the SERS/WERP &
Subsea dispersants including preparation for BOCP procedures for rig & LWIV operations
Qualifications / Experience Required
- Technical degree (B.Sc./HND) Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Subsea production systems with QA/QC, fabrication & testing with deep water project and contractor management experience.
- Valid IWCF Certification
- Operational experience in subsea wells discipline (Drilling & Wells Métier), and knowledge of managing contracts.
- Excellent team spirit and ability to work in a diverse team of professionals.
- Individual must be adaptable and proactive, with a methodical mindset.
- Must be able to coach or drive others towards delivering expected outcomes through clear explanation and persistently
communicating the benefits and importance of the deliverables.
- Computer skills: good knowledge of Microsoft suite of applications
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
To apply: send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with Job Title as subject of email.
To apply for this job please visit belloil.com.