Date: Nov 29, 2021
Houston, TX, US, 77024
The successful candidate will support the Corporate Governance team in domestic and international subsidiary management and global compliance. A highly efficient and organized individual with excellent attention to detail, the Subsidiary Governance Administrator will be able to manage global corporate entities, draft corporate related documents and work with both in-house and outside resources to support the Company’s needs. Responsibilities include legal formations, regulatory filings, U.S. and non-U.S. foreign registrations, dissolutions and other dispositions, and other lifecycle events, as well as drafting associated documents, resolutions and powers of attorney. This position closely liaises with the Company’s tax, treasury, accounting, business development and other departments with respect to subsidiary restructuring, transactions, documentation, etc., and externally with registered agents, legal counsel and joint venture partners.
- Manages the Company’s domestic and foreign subsidiaries, including minuting meetings, annual accounts approval, annual filings and periodic registrations.
- Liaises with Company officers, in-house counsel, outside counsel and local teams on subsidiary maintenance and governance.
- Helps create and maintain subsidiary compliance requirements/deadlines calendar and ensures annual and periodic corporate filings are made in a timely manner.
- Drafts resolutions, powers of attorney, consents, certificates and other basic corporate documents and correspondence.
- Maintains subsidiary corporate minute books and files, including for foreign subsidiaries, and the corporate database system.
- Assists in the formation, maintenance, and dissolution of corporate entities and prepares related organizational documents.
- Provides transactional support for acquisitions, dispositions, financings, and equity and debt offerings.
- The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Paralegal certificate preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant progressive legal experience in support of domestic and/or international subsidiary maintenance and governance.
- Outstanding organization and prioritization skills.
- Ability to take direction but work independently.
- Ability to use good judgment and to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience with entity management database entry, Diligent, DocuSign, Excel, Adobe Pro DC is a plus.
- Travel Required: typically <5%, but candidate must be willing and able to travel internationally 2x/year on short overnight trips.
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you’re a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You’ll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || SF:LI; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Other Corporate Functions || Not Applicable || || 30767 ||
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Law, Equity, Business Development, Compliance, ERP, Legal, Finance, Sales, Technology
To apply for this job please visit careers.marathonoil.com.