As a summer intern at Equinor, you will be joining 20,000 colleagues delivering oil, gas, wind and solar power to 170 million people worldwide. By 2050, we aim to become a net-zero company and deliver the energy the world needs without contributing to global warming. It’s one of the defining challenges of our time and attracting and developing the brightest minds is critical to our success.
The summer internship programme is aimed at students from the second year of their higher education onwards, from technical and non-technical backgrounds. To be eligible, you must be enrolled as a student between June and August of 2022 and have work eligibility for the country you are applying for.
You will join us on a six-week hybrid programme – partly physical and partly virtual – designed to give you the experience and skills you need in your studies and future career. Working flexibly, you will split your time between working as part of a team within one of our business areas and delivering a group project with several of your fellow interns. In this period, you will have one-week off from the 18 July to the 22 July 2022.
This job posting offers positions within Equinor’s Low Carbon Solutions or Renewables teams.
By joining a position within Low Carbon Solutions, interns will be offered multidisciplinary challenges in achieving a low carbon future using Hydrogen and Carbon Capture and Storage. The interns will work in groups where students with various academic backgrounds. Your exact assignment will be decided based on our business needs and your interest, with some examples provided below:
- Contribute to Equinor’s transition to a broad energy company by designing low carbon value chains building on our gas position and expertise within CO2 storage.
- Provide ideas for communicating the relationship between energy demand and climate mitigation measures to a younger generation (<20 years).
- Utilize market intelligence and technical research to identify and develop potential Low Carbon Technology solutions.
By joining a position within Renewables, interns will be offered challenges within technical disciplines for offshore wind farms, exploring improvements to the way we work. Some examples are provided below:
- Develop cost-effective solutions for offshore wind substructure design for floating and bottom fixed projects for various markets.
- Support a growing offshore wind project portfolio with a focus on early phase initiatives.
- Collection and analysis of data from wind measurement and/or wind modelling.
- Analyse operational data to extract knowledge on wind park performance.
- Contribute to the development of O&M excellence.
- Assist project development with ad-hoc tasks to ensure deliveries and timelines are met.
- Support as needed with work related to Equinor’s management system.
- Contribute and Support with standardizing best practices.
Some qualities are essential for Equinor. You identify with our values of being open, collaborative, courageous and caring, which guide our decisions and help us succeed and grow. You make safety your priority and contribute to our zero-harm culture. For this position, we are also looking for:
- Bachelor, Master’s degree or PhD with a good academic record within various subjects. For Low Carbon Solutions, we welcome candidates from Law, Finance, Information Technology, Subsurface, Industry technology. For Renewables, we welcome candidates with a background within technical disciplines relevant for offshore wind farms.
- Fluent in English and preferably a second working language
- No more than one year of relevant full-time work experience
- Completed at least two years of higher education
- Be enrolled as a student between June and August of 2022
- The interns need to be located in the country where the internship takes place during its full duration
- Candidates must have the necessary work permit for the country in which, and at the time, they are applying for a position. Please note that we do not facilitate work permits for this role. Read more about it in the national authorities’ pages: Norway
- Extracurricular activities and/or voluntary work is an advantage
- Analytical with quantitative skills
- Curiosity and passion towards new emerging technologies and market
- Strong external orientation with the ability to assimilate complex information quickly.
Your personal qualities:
- Ability to live by our safety and security expectations
- High ethical standards
- Good communication skills
- Global mindset
- Team player with the ability to work and deliver results in a diverse environment
- Have a positive attitude to take on new challenges and adapt to dynamic environments
Equinor is an equal opportunities employer, and we welcome applications from all candidates who meet the educational and experience requirements, including candidates with disabilities. If you have any specific requirements for any stage in our process, please make this clear in your application, and our team will be happy to support you.
Please, make sure that you attach the documents below during the application. Note that applications submitted without these attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated:
- CV/ resume in English
- Cover letter
- Transcripts of records (or other documents describing subjects and grades) obtained to this point during your studies in English or Scandinavian language. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript.
To ensure an efficient recruitment process, please be informed that you may apply for a maximum of three roles per country.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process. All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.peopleclick.eu.com.