- An opportunity to use what you have studied and learned into practice
- A chance to develop your skills within geology/geophysics in the Gas & Oil Industry and applications of Machine Learning on subsurface data by working in industry standard software and new innovate technologies
- Be part of a multi-discipline team responsible for non-operated assets in Norway
- Close collaboration with mentor(s) including assistance on project tasks and frequent feedback sessions
- Contribute and support us with a variety of tasks which include:
Subsurface Reservoir Characterization
- The summer student will work with a North Sea asset team to conduct various tasks towards reservoir characterization.
- Focus will be on interpretation of well and seismic data, some of which may be subject for machine learning applications
- Main deliverables may include well- and seismic interpretation, geomodelling and end-of-assignment presentation
- Student currently on 1st or 2nd year of a master studies within the disciplines of geology and/or geophysics
- You have experience working in seismic interpretation software (e.g. Petrel)
- Experience in machine learning and python beneficial but not required
- Excellent written, verbal and online communication skills
- Computer proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Fluency in English, oral and written
- Proactive, structured, self-motivated and solution oriented
- Dedication to our values trust, care, open-minded and brave
Note – applicants should already live or be able to accommodate themselves at the work location (Stavanger) for the duration of the summer job.
- An opportunity to put what you have studied and learned into practice
- A chance to develop your skills within a dedicated multidisciplinary team
- Responsibility for varied and challenging work tasks
To apply for this job please visit careers.wintershalldea.com.