Our client in the mining industry is seeking to hire an experienced Superintendent – Mining Operations to be based its mine site. The successful candidate will be performing the following key roles and responsibilities:
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Accountability for the safe operational delivery of all services of the company, with an obligation to ensure the GM is continuously informed of opportunities, progress and results.
- To ensure that all operational reporting activities are formalised and formatted as per existing, and to be created, reporting documents to the GM.
- Ensuring all operational schedules are prepared and issued on a regular basis and as required by the GM and clients.
- To ensure all allocated work is achieved on time, within budget and in accordance with the client specifications.
- To ensure operational personnel are provided with all relevant technical and commercial information, training and equipment to ensure professional outcomes, to the levels of their skills and competence.
- In conjunction with the relevant supervision, conduct annual, probationary, and ad-hoc performance reviews of operational staff.
- Reporting to the GM on operational performance against key metrics, including:
- Operating cost
- Schedule and unscheduled maintenance
- People and Capability
- Risk, including WHS
- Compliance to legislated requirements for working on a mine site
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience required:
It is expected the SMO will have the following commercial competency-based skills:
- A minimum 10 years’ experience in a senior supervisory position with accountability for operational budgets, including maintenance and training and development of operational personnel.
- A minimum 10 years’ experience working in a contracting environment within mining and metals, civil, construction or heavy industrial industries.
- Strong working knowledge of HR and HSE legislation and practices within a mining and metals, civil, construction or heavy industrial context.
- Have sound knowledge of operational management, including working comprehension of:
- Operating expenses and gross margins
- Cost / time / productivity management
- Client and contract management
- Strong negotiating and presentation skills.
- Proven experience leading operational personnel.
This position is open to PNG Nationals only. Due to large volume of applications received, we will contact ONLY the shortlisted candidates. If you do not hear from us after two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application has not made into shortlist. However, we will keep your CV for future reference.
Application closes on the 21st of November 2022.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.airswift.com.