Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Supervisor, Corporate Retirement Plans within our Corporate Retirement Plans based in Tulsa, OK.
The Supervisor of Corporate Retirement Plans will lead and provide operational support to the Benefits Analysts who administer the company’s retirement programs. This role requires deep knowledge of defined contribution, defined benefit and non-qualified plans including 401(k) plans, closed, open and frozen pension plans, deferred compensation plans and excess plans. The ideal candidate is a strong leader, has experience managing a team and brings excellent problem-solving skills, a passion for customer service, confidence in managing competing priorities and enjoys fostering a collaborative, results focused environment. The candidate should also have a strong background in systems and data (payroll, system interfaces, reporting and analytics) to help monitor the flow of information and reporting to ensure timely and accurate reporting across various plans and platforms. We are looking for a candidate with proven success in plan strategy, design, governance, financial management, compliance, operational delivery, implementation of controls, continuous improvement, and vendor management.
Primary job responsibilities:
- Supervise, train, and develop the corporate retirement and savings team, by providing leadership and expertise, regular feedback and coaching, performance management, and recognition of accomplishments.
- Ensure that the corporation’s retirement plans are administered correctly and efficiently, in compliance with the terms of the plan documents as well as applicable laws.
- Provide operational leadership in the day-to-day administration, compliance, strategic planning, and communication of all corporate retirement plans.
- Oversee compliance with appropriate federal and state laws (ERISA, the Internal Revenue Code, state tax laws, etc.), manage the preparation and review of plan documents (SPDs and SMMs), amendments, government filings, policies and procedures related to retirement plans.
- Partner with the HRIS and payroll teams to ensure that complex and varied data flows, eligibility tracking and related workflows are well established, zero-defect and audited.
- Manage sensitive inquiries or concerns from clients or regulatory agencies and effectively present information on complex or sensitive topics to senior management or clients as needed.
- Manage escalated employee issues and complaints, by conducting research, identifying possible solutions and recommending a resolution.
- Evaluate vendor performance against contract provisions, service level agreements and plan administration to ensure that vendor administration matches benefit plan design.
- Ensure documentation of all processes and cross train of staff to ensure business continuity goals are maintained with a constant focus on Continuous Improvement.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all employees, retirees, beneficiaries, and other stake holders.
- Assist with the completion of any plan operational audits including data collection and document requests by auditors, third party administrators, and consultants.
- Assist with union negotiation support.
- Assist with or lead ad hoc projects including plan changes, merger and acquisition work, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 8-10 years of experience working in retirement program operations or administration (internal or outsourced) with large, complex organizations, preferably with various retirement plans types.
- 3-5 years of experience managing employees/teams.
- Exceptional root-cause problem solving experience including corrective action planning and follow-through.
- Strong project management experience with multifaceted projects and teams.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of regulatory and legislative compliance related to retirement and savings plans.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Customer service mindset.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and adapt to changing priorities, balance demands from multiple sources, meet deadlines, and excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in managing through significant organizational change, including mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures.
- Strong experience with HR Information Systems, preferably PeopleSoft.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and OneNote.
Additional desired qualifications:
- Experience presenting to a range of audiences.
- Prior Benefits Accounting experience.
Relocation: Will not be offered at this time
Occidental does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
– HR Specialist
– United States-Oklahoma-Tulsa
To apply for this job please visit oxy.taleo.net.