Lead the fire and rescue activities and team for the respective plant(s) during the respective shift to ensure timely and adequate emergency response for any incident during the shift to safeguard lives and company assets.
Supervise and plan the team activities to ensure meeting the crisis management, fire protection and prevention requirements.
Coordinate, report, and communicate any potential threats to eliminate any consequences that may affect the company’s team, assets, operations or plants.
Job Specific Accountabilities (Part 1)
• The commander of emergency handling and accountable for leading a timely emergency response and firefighting to ensure safety of life and property.
• Conduct an immediate and dynamic risk assessment to direct the fire crew to scene of emergency.
• Assign the missions’ teams, fire apparatus and other equipment or tools to respond to emergency calls and notifications in accordance with crisis management procedures, and protocols.
• Communicate with the Shift Superintendent to provide with necessary details and emergency plan.
• Provide emergency medical services to medical emergencies; i.e. ambulance, first aid, and other facilitations and services to ensure proper medical treatment for threat to human life.
• Monitor the emergency response activities to ensure that the team is fully capable to control the risks and hazards, with aiming to eliminate life and property losses.
• Supervise and organize the shift plan to ensure the availability and distribution of the team for different plant assets and other site locations.
• Cascade all the communications for shift and operations updates to ensure consistent and timely information is conveyed to the team
• Supervise the fire and rescue activities during the respective shift for the respective plant(s) to ensure inspection for all the related operations, assets, and other schedules are met.
• Monitor the shift team capabilities to ensure effective presence of the required team to tackle any type of risk, in accordance with the related procedures.
• Monitor the shift to ensure that the team is working according to Crisis Management, Safety, and HSE policies and procedures to ensure awareness and compliance.
Monitoring & Inspection Activities
• Align the required support and coordination with fire and rescue team, fire engineering, or other environmental or process engineering, and other teams in the special projects or events to ensure readiness for massive or unexpected emergencies.
• Monitor the fitness and health conditions and abilities for the subordinates to ensure meeting the physical demand, which is required within the emergencies.
• Monitor the inspection of fire and hazardous materials for buildings and process units to ensure compliance with applicable codes and regulations.
• Supervise fire prevention inspections and attempts to educate the company employees in fire prevention methods; i.e. facility risk inspections, fire safety demonstrations, etc.
• Supervise the routine and unplanned checks and audits for the company facilities to ensure compliance with the Company Codes and Standards.
• Initiate and request modifications and feedback on the existing and new engineering modifications of facilities to meet new Fire Prevention requirements. In addition, report of new project design and plant modifications and ensures adequate protection measures to eliminate emergency incidents.
• Collect and review the performed checklists for the inspection in line with the desired criteria of inspection.
• Review and analyse the inspection records performed by the team to ensure no potential threads.
Job Specific Accountabilities (Part 2)
Equipment Operating Conditions
• Supervise all the equipment under crisis management, fire and rescue, and emergency response’ custody to ensure proper operating conditions and periodic maintenance and cleaning.
• Timely, communicate, request, and report any deviated operating conditions to higher-level management, and coordinate with the maintenance or related team to rectify the situation.
• Initiate all the equipment, material, and all other items needed for the fire crisis management, fire and rescue, and emergency response.
• Report all the shift reports; incidents, inspection, accidents, near misses, equipment status, etc., to ensure proper and timely information shared with the related team.
• Highlights shortcomings and recommends new techniques or programmes aimed at improving fire protection and preventing the recurrence of emergency incidents in the site.
• Participates in maintenance and technical activities; i.e. repair works, mechanical and plant modifications, installations and repairs to ensure safe activities.
Job Specific Accountabilities (Part 3)
• Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
• Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective section objectives.
• Provide input for preparation of the Department / Section budgets, assist in the implementation of the approved Budget, and work plans to deliver Section objectives.
• Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
• Implement approved Department / Section policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support execution of the Section’s work programs in line with Company and International standards.
• Comply with all applicable legislation and legal regulations.
• Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Department / Section in line with the Company Performance framework.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
• Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
• Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
• Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and company Code of Practices.
• Participate in Emergency Response duties as a team member.
• Provide inputs to prepare Section MIS and progress reports for Company Management.
Generic Accountabilities (continue)
Internal Communications & Working Relationships
• Site Team
• Quality / Inspection
• Operations / Technical / Projects
• Technical Training / Learning & Development
External Communications & Working Relationships
• Civil Defence
• Contractors & Site Visitors
Diploma in HSE / Safety / Science / Technical or equivalent
Minimum Experience, Knowledge & Skills
• 5 years of experience in firefighting, fire and rescue, and crisis management.
• Hands-on firefighting, rescue, drills, evacuation.
• Working knowledge with organizing and planning.
Revenues/ Budget: As per approved financial budget
Direct Reports: As per organization chart
Indirect Reports: As per organization chart
Work Condition, Physical effort & Work Environment
A/C environment, could be exposed to the prevailing weather conditions like heat, humidity & dust during occasional site visits.
Job Family / Sub Family: HSE / Crisis Management
Close the popup
To apply for this job please visit jobs.adnoc.ae.