Welcome to ConocoPhillips, where innovation and excellence create a platform for opportunity and growth. Come realize your full potential here.
Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 13 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.
The Owner Relations Supervisor role located in Bartlesville, Oklahoma leads a team that is responsible for owner relations, revenue disbursements, check write and negative owner balance management, backup withholding, 1099, & 1042 reporting, and publication of gas imbalances.
A successful candidate should have strong analytical and communication/social skills since collaboration with multiple internal organizations, external agencies, and property owners is required. The candidate should be able to balance and prioritize multiple requests and responsibilities, work after hours to support key monthly business processes, and pursue process improvements with a willingness to learn and apply new technology.
If you are selected as the Owner Relations Supervisor, you will work in systems including SAP PRA, SAP FI, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), and our owner inquiry tracking application LandVantage. You will also be responsible for supporting special projects, implementing new systems, and ensuring compliance with IRS and state agency rules and regulations. Creating and fostering an inclusive work environment where employees feel valued is paramount to success in the position.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Provide customer service to royalty and working interest owners acting as the initial point of contact for all owner inquiries
- Perform monthly check writes to L48 and Alaska interest owners
- Calculate interest on late payments
- Analyze monthly payment variances
- Manage negative owner balances
- Prepare backup withholding, 1099, & 1042 reporting
- Produce, analyze, and publish monthly gas imbalance statements
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, other related business field, or foreign equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in upstream oil and gas
- 5+ years of experience with Account & Finance SAP modules FI and PRA
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Intermediate proficiency with MS O365 applications: Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint, and Teams
- 1+ years of experience in production and revenue accounting, specifically SAP PRA
- 1+ years of experience with data analytics tools such as Spotfire, Power BI, Snowflake
- Ability to adopt new technology and adapt to system changes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a focus on attention to detail
- Well-developed planning and organizational skills including the ability to work independently, prioritize activities, meet deadlines, and proactively manage time
- Strong communication and social skills, ability to interact with multiple layers of the organization
- Intermediate knowledge of accounting principles, procedures, and internal controls
- Takes Accountability for actions and follows through on commitments
- Partners Collaboratively across functions to achieve business goals
- Communicates Effectively with internal stakeholders
Apply Before: October 31, 2023
ConocoPhillips’ sponsorship for employment authorization in the U.S. is NOT available for this position.
In the US, ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.conocophillips.com.