ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
Position: Supply Chain Summer Internship
Job Location: Houston, TX
Education: In pursuit of Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Supply Chain Management or Industrial Distribution
Minimum Overall GPA: 3.25 (Must provide a copy of your most recent transcript.)
Hess’s Global Supply Chain Department is searching for interns to join our team in summer 2024! Over the course of our 12 week (approximate) program, interns will work in the Global Supply Chain group supporting Category Managers, Procurement/Materials Managers, and Supply Chain Analytics. Category Managers are responsible for supplier selection, supplier management, commercial negotiations, and creating and executing commodity strategies. Procurement and Materials Managers are responsible for ensuring timely delivery of materials to our assets while meeting cost and quality targets. There will be involvement in projects with significant impact in one of the following discipline or function areas:
• Category Management
• Sourcing & Procurement Operations
• Materials Management & Warehousing
Interns will work alongside a designated Supply Chain mentor who will facilitate the opportunity to work on projects that will contribute to your team’s success and the bottom line of the company. Some examples of intern projects include:
• Completing supplier request for quotations (RFQs) with suppliers on obsolescence compliance and training
• Preparing supplier profiles for presentation to management
• Interacting with Suppliers on cost reduction opportunities
• Supporting Commodity Business Managers in various tasks including meeting & presentation preparation, supplier management, quarterly business reviews, supplier capacity reviews
• Collaborating with suppliers to get material status and expediting material
• Securing alternate/emergency sources for material
• Providing material delivery updates directly to business stakeholders and leadership
• Mitigating excess POs and inventory through supplier negotiations
• Performing MRP and Spend Analytics to identify optimization opportunities
• Executing part analytics to enrich Master Data (e.g., ensure parts are assigned to the proper commodity family)
• Currently enrolled in Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program
• Ability to work full time for approximately 12 weeks during the summer
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Quick learner
• Willing to ask questions
• Desire for continuous learning and improvement
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
The Hess Way of Working refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
• Builds Trusted Relationships
• Develops Talent
• Creates Effective Teams
• Thinks Strategically
• Inspires Innovation
• Demonstrates Courage
• Drives Continuous Improvement
• Makes Quality Decisions
• Delivers High Performance
Hess is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Hess is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, click here or send an email to MyHR@Hess.com.
Posting Notes: Audrey E Deleon | Intern/Student/Co-op | Other | United States| Texas | Houston | | | | | Yes | 26964
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hess.com.