NES Fircroft are working on behalf of a global power technology business with a presence in over 90 countries. This business offer products, systems & software solutions to the global energy industry and have been leaders in innovation for over a century.
With a customer-base across multiple industries including Energy, Utilities, Industrial and Transportation and almost 40,000 employees, they are committed to providing access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy globally
We are looking for a Tecno-Commercial profile that combines reasonable technical knowledge of Electrical & Construction contracts. Construction being the most relevant, mainly because the category specialist will dedicate most of their time to deal with subcontractors in that area, Civil and Erection & Installation, and even some commissioning are relevant, however in a second level of priority. With good negotiation, and excellent communication skills. Strategic minded with a capability of visualizing roadblocks and opportunities, before they arise.
- E&C companies procurement and negotiation of medium to large contracts 2-10 MUSD.
- Experience and understanding of contractual framework and it´s applicability and risks (Remeasurable, NEC, FIDIC, GMP, Turnkey, others)
- Knowledge and understanding of risk identification and mitigation.
- Knowledge and understanding of the European (UK & Ireland) E&C market, subcoontactors and drivers.
- Experience and knowledge of category management techniques (market analysis, SWOT, Purchasing chessboard, Krojic Matrix, others
- Technical knowledge and background of E&C within the power sector
- Experience and knowledge of procurement methodologies
- Experience and understanding of quality methodologies such as Six Sigma
- Excellent communication skills
- Independent and capable of working with limited informationWell versed on MS tools – Excel, Power Point, Sharepoint, Power BI, etc.
- Sourcing strategy Leveraging the Continuous Improvement Process Sourcing (CIPS) process, implements effective sourcing strategies for Contracted Services Category in line with business strategy ensuring that the supply base of contractors have the capability and capacity to meet current and future business requirements. Ensures all relevant parties understand strategies and execute processes accordingly.
- Negotiations Negotiates agreements with main contractors, and periodically renews pricelists, terms and conditions.
- Supplier agreements Ensures identification, investigation, and selection of appropriate contractors (focusing on quality, delivery, cost and sustainability) in accordance with Company policies. Defines and establishes local standard agreements with all major suppliers. Provides and maintains standard terms in purchase contracts/terms and conditions in line with Company directives and guidelines.
- Supplier performance On-boards new suppliers in close collaboration with the respective local buyer and runs regular supplier evaluations and provides supplier reports to Businesses and Category Managers
- Excellence Runs benchmark studies for the category team and for specific sourcing initiatives and designs and implements cost-out programs and/or processes to reach financial targets.
- Contract Management Creates local contract amendments to frame agreements on behalf of a country and updates/maintains frame contracts. Also adapts corporate contractual framework to the local business needs. Recommends frame agreements to management and executes upon approval. Provides ongoing oversight and contract management with suppliers.
- Risk Management Actively identifies and mitigates risks associated to the contractual framework used on the projects. Promotes a risk management culture by participating actively and initiating Contractor´s Risk reviews for identified projects. Relates contractual risks and risk profile to the project´s risk matrix for follow up of mitigation plan
- Support Supports regional/global sourcing initiatives within a defined set of categories, working closely with key stakeholders to implement regional category strategies
- Orders Runs regional sourcing initiatives under a defined threshold. Initiates purchase orders (PO) in the system, according to the Purchase Requisitions and in alignment with standard procedures, and confirms delivery with suppliers, monitors and tracks supplier performance to purchase order requirements
- Budget and performance targets Contributes to, and participates in setting and implementing budget and targets within the framework. Ensures the Category sourcing performance targets are achieved.
- Procurement Manages planning and tracking of procurement activities, cost budgets, emerging country spending and savings forecasts. Minimizes risk regarding quality and financial exposure by buying in accordance with quality and commercial procedures and in accordance with Company guidelines
- Communication Fosters communication internally (Sales/Tender, Engineering, SCM, others), externally (E&C Companies, Forums), and between different Divisions, Business Units and Functions and supports the implementation of SCM activities and initiatives in the Region/Country through this clear communication. “
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
To apply for this job please visit www.nesfircroft.com.