Villahermosa – Mexico
The Sourcing Leader is responsible for managing the sourcing process for a Geounit, GSC Team or Center to deliver optimal product and service cost and a high-performance, risk-managed supply base in line with the business.
Reports to: Geounit Supply Chain Manager
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Create sourcing plans that reduce cost secure supply and minimize supply chain disruptions aligned with category strategies.
- Define a high-performance supply base for locally managed commodities.
- Lead the request for information, quotation, proposal and biding processes, minimizing risk and maximizing value in terms of quality, delivery and total cost of ownership.
- Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers to meet quality, delivery and cost objectives.
- Lead the contracting process with suppliers in coordination with Supply Chain Contract Specialist.
- Monitor sourcing projects to ensure on-time completion and full implementation including all purchasing data required transact.
Minimum Job Qualifications & Experience:
- International Relations/International Trade, Industrial Engineering
- At least 5 years of experience in the same job (working as a Buyer or Procurement or Sourcing Specialist)
- Conversational English (Advanced level)
- Knowledge in Oil & Gas industry Suppliers and the local and international market
- Experience in handle high budgets and auditing new suppliers
- Excellent inter-personal, communication and negotiation skills
- Strong commitment or Safety, Quality and efficiency
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Performance focused
- Ability to perform under pressure
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.slb.com.