Generic job description
Providing technical support from shore to the asset west cluster, such that technical offshore works can be carried out on time, safely and efficiently. The operations support engineer reports into the operations support team lead.
Complying with the applicable legislation and regulations regarding health and safety, the environment, the mining act and the procedures and regulations in the operations manual
- Localizing errors and their causes, as informed by the input of technical colleagues/contractors offshore
- Establishing whether or not colleagues from other specialties need to be called in
- Evaluating the nature and scope of errors and determining whether immediate repair is necessary or possible
- Having emergency repairs carried out
- Writing up working schedules, material requirements, necessary third-party specialist assistance, etc., for works to be performed
- Collating drawings, schedules and documentation; ascertaining which licenses are needed
- Ordering materials and services via the purchasing department, within the set competencies for the job, or otherwise after obtaining supervisor’s approval; reserving materials from store
- Preparing for, organizing and coordinating the legal inspections and technical works
- Elaborating proposals on alternative solutions for performance of works
- Guiding contractors and/or external specialists
- Taking part in work meetings and discussing any discrepancies/anomalies
- Flagging up any actual discrepancies in planning and activities or those likely to occur; making proposals to correct these
- Providing support during problems and resolving them where they cannot be resolved by offshore staff
- Keeping documentation and the stock of drawings and schedules up to date, and having them amended
- Keeping the maintenance system current and generating the work orders
- Carrying out invoice controls and asking for them to be signed off
- Writing reports for the supervisor
- Evaluating the state of repair from the data provided in inspection lists, and noting findings; initiating follow-ups
- Analysing errors, including process disruptions
- Making proposals to improve the maintenance schedule and technical installations
there is a requirement to work cross functionally and interface with all geographical areas within the company
Context and environment
The position is located in the Netherlands, although occasional travel may be required. Offshore trips (maximum of 8 weeks in a year) will be required, so ideal candidate will have to have all offshore training and survival certification(s).
- A minimum of MBO Degree in the relevant Discipline, preferably in Mechanical Engineering.
- Several years of relevant mechanical experience
- Comfortable in a on-the-job training and coaching environment
- Solid stakeholder management skills
- Able to work under pressure of deadlines
- Service-oriented and problem-solving can do attitude
- Able to work both in a team and autonomously
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, email, and web-based applications
- Offshore travels on occasional basis must be expected
- Fluent in both Dutch and English
- EU citizenship or a valid EU residence and work permit is required to be considered as a viable candidate.
To apply for this job please visit www.onstreamgroup.com.