Occidental is an international energy company with operations in the United States, Middle East, Latin America and Africa. We are the largest onshore oil producer in the U.S., including in the Permian Basin, and a leading offshore producer in the Gulf of Mexico. Our midstream and marketing segment provides flow assurance and maximizes the value of our oil and gas. Our chemical subsidiary OxyChem manufactures the building blocks for life-enhancing products. Our Oxy Low Carbon Ventures subsidiary is advancing leading-edge technologies and business solutions that economically grow our business while reducing emissions. We are committed to using our global leadership in carbon dioxide management to advance a lower-carbon world. Visit Oxy.com for more information.
Occidental strives to attract and retain talented employees by investing in their professional development and providing rewarding opportunities for personal growth. Our goal is to meet the highest employer standards by ensuring the health and safety of our employees, protecting the environment and positively impacting our communities where we do business.
As directed by the Drilling Superintendent, the Drill Site Manager is responsible for the following:
1. The supervision of the day to day execution of all drilling, completion, and/or workover operations, contract and service company
personnel, for assigned Business Unit related development and exploratory drilling projects.
2. The work is to be done safely, with environmental sensitivity, and cost effectively using all Occidental Petroleum policies,
guidelines, and procedures and governmental regulations.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Plans and supervises all contractor and service company personnel on all day to day operational activities.
· Coordinates all site related logistics of people, equipment and materials used.
· Communicates as necessary with the Superintendent and the Engineers on all project related issues and changes.
· Manages operation performance for the project and for the specific service companies. Ensures targets are known, documents received, and opportunities for continuous improvement are identified and acted upon.
· Ensures the Oxy HES program is adhered to.
· Ensures Oxy’s loss control program is adhered to.
· Ensures all government regulatory requirements, at any level or type, are adhered to. · Regularly inspects the rig and associated equipment to ensure safe operations.
· Ensures the electronic morning report is accurately done.
· Ensures daily costs are recorded and tracked.
· Ensures all end of well paperwork is accurate and complete.
· Communicates and coordinates all simultaneous operations as required for safe and efficient operations.
· Leads wellsite meetings
Required Skills and Competencies
· Minimum of 10 years of oilfield experience with 3 years as a supervisor
· Basic computer skills
· High school graduate or equivalent
· Strong communication skills
· Position is routinely rotational
Relocation: This position is not eligible for relocation.
Occidental does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
– United States-Louisiana-Port Fouchon
To apply for this job please visit oxy.taleo.net.