Welcome to ConocoPhillips, where innovation and excellence create a platform for opportunity and growth. Come realize your full potential here.
Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 13 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.
The Sustainability Reporting function interprets and implements regulations, establishes and monitors internal controls, manages consolidated data and oversees regulated reporting. The Sustainability Data and Reporting Consultant role monitors, interprets and implements U.S. and international regulated sustainability reporting standards and works cross functionally to prepare voluntary and regulated sustainability reports. A successful candidate should be able to review regulations and standards across multiple jurisdictions and advise internal stakeholders of the impacts and lead companywide efforts to implement required rules. Additionally, you will be asked to work cross functionally on external sustainability reports by developing and maintaining processes in our reporting solution to collect data, draft disclosures, review reports and obtain internal approvals.
This job is in Houston, Texas. Relocation expenses will be paid for domestic employees.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Establishing a framework for influencing regulatory requirements
- Reporting on advancing ESG and Sustainability initiatives in the Finance function
- Execute ESG reporting efforts including, but not limited to managing data, administering an ESG reporting solution, monitoring emerging ESG reporting issues / trends and implementing new disclosures
- Work with Sustainability, Government Affairs, Investor Relations, Communications, Environmental Assurance and Legal on our sustainability reporting strategy and metrics
- Monitor trends, regulations and emerging issues related to external disclosures, including data needs for new and emerging sustainability topics
- Lead the implementation of new sustainability disclosures that are required worldwide by various regulatory organizations
- Support the External Reporting, Investor Relations and Legal teams in preparing for SEC filings, earnings calls and shareholder reporting, etc.
- Lead the implementation of an ESG control and reporting solution, such as Workiva
- Administer the ESG control and reporting solution and collaborate cross-functionally to establish standardized processes for the collection, analysis and reporting of ESG data in a well-controlled environment
- Benchmark disclosures of industry peers in a rapidly evolving space to ensure Company disclosures are relevant and informative
- Manage special projects related to ESG financial reporting or new/developing accounting topics
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Science, other related field, or foreign equivalent
- 7+ years of experience in Accounting, Finance, HSE, Regulatory, or Legal
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS O365 Applications: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Teams
- Builds positive relationships based on trust and seeks collaboration across organizational boundaries to achieve goals
- Listens actively and invites new ideas for shared understanding, then influences and acts to drive positive performance and achieve results
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously and work under tight deadlines
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by holding others accountable and standing up for what is right
Apply Before: December 8, 2023
ConocoPhillips’ sponsorship for employment authorization in the U.S. is NOT available for this position.
In the US, ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.conocophillips.com.