System / Project Engineer
– Collaborate with the selected Strategic Partnership Alliance (SPA) contractors to find robust and good solutions for the project.
– Ensure sound and compliant system engineering across the different work packages
– Manage multi-disciplinary project teams of company and contractor personnel ensuring outputs and outcomes are delivered to meet the agreed business case, in cooperation with the facilities team.
– Take lead on specific work scopes within Facilities team, as required
– Consolidate and document the fundamental components of projects (scope, schedule, resource requirements, budgets, risks, opportunities and issues, and quality requirements) as part of project planning.
– Managing stakeholders, taking account of their levels of influence and particular interests.
– Identifies and manages project risks (threats and opportunities), planning and implementing responses to them and responding to other issues that affect projects.
– Manage technical requirements for work across functional areas (subsea to topside) and follow-up on deliverables and documentation.
– Responsible for ensuring highly effective communication and reporting processes are in place and that all key contributors/parties involved in the project.
– Giving advice to non-operated assets in ways of specialist subsea and general engineering and PM
– Manage interfaces across the different work scopes
– Education: Degree qualified in engineering/technology discipline
– 10+ years broad experience from petroleum industry
– Experience with system / process engineering
– Knowledge of upstream field development concepts formed by several years in the industry and worked within Operators type organisation.
– Knowledge of Subsea developments.
– In depth knowledge of industry standards and authority requirements within the discipline
– Ability to manage interfaces both internally and externally with contractors
– Able to draw on broad knowledge of Norwegian field developments and regulatory requirements
– Competent in project management in the oil and gas industry, preferably with an operator
– Commercial awareness of supply chain management and have a clear understanding of project financing/cost control principles
– Good communicator and influencer, able to present complex issues in a clear and concise manner
– Ability to identify and act on technical issues with own initiative
– Able to mobilise internal and external resources to address key decisions and issues
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
To apply for this job please visit www.nesfircroft.com.