We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
This position will manage the federal tax provision and compliance processes of the U.S. group and lead or assist in tax planning initiatives as they arise.
- Ensure the accurate and timely preparation of the annual, quarterly and monthly income tax provision processes of the U.S. group.
- Identifying and implementing opportunities to reduce the effective tax rate.
- Validate and ensure the accuracy of tax account balances and compliance with SOX404.
- Prepare tax footnotes and other income tax financial statement disclosures.
- Manage, review and coordinate the preparation of the US corporate and partnership tax returns and estimated tax payments with an outside firm.
- Regularly seek to identify, drive and implement process improvement within the tax department.
- Research, analyze and document tax issues as they arise and ensure that all working papers are audit-ready.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other tax department managers to utilize available resources in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Assist in responding to and resolving inquires by federal tax authorities including tax audits.
- Clearly communicate issues, opportunities and solutions to senior management and other team members.
- Assist and/or lead federal tax planning projects.
- Learn the business and the corporate org chart, and identify and engage key constituencies throughout the organization to build effective working relationships and further Tax Department objectives.
- Other assignments, as required.
- Opportunity to wear many hats and learn other areas outside of Federal Tax.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
- Advanced tax-related degree and/or CPA preferred.
- Significant knowledge of U.S. GAAP tax accounting rules as well as SOX 404.
- Minimum 7 years of U.S. corporate tax provision and compliance experience is required. A mix of industry and public accounting experience is preferred.
- Solid knowledge of federal tax laws and ability to perform research and document facts, issues and conclusions.
- Demonstrated experience in and understanding of tax return processes and possession of strong financial accounting skills.
- Experience with OneSource, Hyperion, MS Office, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in a multinational environment, hands-on mentality and team player.
- Ability to leverage prior experience to identify issues, actively engage in solution management, and interface with a variety of tax and non-tax professionals.
- Excellent decision making, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Detail oriented with strong trouble shooting skills.
- Highly accountable with an innovative and collaborative management style.
- Strong management presence with excellent communication, leadership and mentoring skills.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1), their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available including Tax Manager and Senior Tax Manager roles.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 104000
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Finance
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.halliburton.com.