Provides planning and technical support to Cost Control Team to Complete projects within cost end and support services to end users as required.
Job Specific Accountabilities
Project Execution Strategy:
- Oversees Cost Control Inputs on projects and execution strategies and implementation plans.
- Oversees cost controls inputs on feasibility & Conceptual Studies of proposals/projects, HSElA Studies, development of FEED- ITT, Man-hours Breakdown etc.
- Develops PMC project control exhibits. Oversees cost control inputs on PMC Bids Evaluation, Cost Control definition, Workload summary, resources, un-priced commercials, deviations & exceptions, and clarifications with bidders.
- Oversees cost control inputs on Licensor Bid Evaluation, Cost Control definition, Workload summary, resources and Sources, un-priced commercials, deviations & exceptions, and clarifications with bidders.
FEED Engineer Selection:
- Oversees and monitors cost control inputs to FEED Bids Evaluation, Cost Control definition, Workload summary, resources and Sources, cost evaluation formats, un-priced commercials, deviations & exceptions, and clarifications with bidders.
FEED Engineering Input:
- Monitors FEED Engineer cost performance, productivity, and EPC Tender Project Control Documents such as EPC Evaluation Formats.
- Reviews FEED planning dossiers.
FEED Engineering Cost Estimation Input:
- Monitors EPC Tender Project Control Documents such as Financial Annexure and Cost Evaluation Formats.
- Monitors development of EPC cost estimate, which is a FEED Engineer’s deliverable at FEED Completion for its completeness and correctness to arrive at +/- 10% to 20% accuracy.
- Oversees and monitors Cost control inputs to TPI Bids Cost Evaluation, Cost Control definition, Workload summary, resources and Sources, cost evaluation formats, un-priced commercials, deviations & exceptions, and clarifications with bidders.
EPC Contractor Selection:
- Oversees and monitors Cost control inputs to EPC Bids Cost Evaluation, Cost Control definition, Cost Evaluation Formats, Invoice and physical progress plan, un-priced commercials, deviations & exceptions, and clarifications with bidders.
EPC Home Office:
- Monitors and controls EPC Contractor cost control procedures.
- Reviews Planning Dossiers.
PMC Cost control:
- Monitors PMC deployment
- Monitors development of detailed Construction, Pre-commissioning and commissioning schedules and procedures for cost reporting.
- Oversees, develops and monitors development of preliminary and final cost estimates of projects.
- Plans and monitors development of cost of services and Agreements for Contractors/Consultants/Engineers.
- Plans and monitors development of cost estimates for trend notices.
- Oversees, develops and monitors updating of cost data for developing estimates and maintains data bank.
- Monitors the preparation of tender documents with respect to cost control inputs to PPSD and end users and projects insurance and claims during project duration and post PAC for outstanding works.
- Guides the development of periodic reports on cost status of projects for submission to Company top management.
- Oversees, develops and monitors preparation and issue of Fixed Asset Registers.
Scope Control (Variations/Claims):
- Identifies areas of deficiencies and initiates negative variations and cost variations input to monthly executive periodic progress reports on all major capital projects to the Management.
- Finalizes Cost Trend Notices (CTN) with contractors/ consultants/engineers.
- Develops, coordinates and consolidates annual Capital and Operating Budget for the Major Projects and ETSD.
- Reviews financial commitments, contractual and physical progress and invoices submitted by Consultants/Contractors for processing of payments as per the Delegation of Authority.
Year Business Plan:
- Oversees cost control input to the Five-year Business Plan for Major Projects.
- Oversees cost control input to Key Performance Indicators/ Key Performance Measures.
- Perform other similar or related duties, as required.
- Plan and supervise the activities of the personnel and resources of the Section to achieve the Department objectives in an efficient and cost-conscious manner while ensuring implementation of approved operational plans for the Section in line with Department objectives.
- Develop the knowledge, competencies and innovative spirit in the Section and support the establishment of Personal Development Plans (PDP’s), Succession Planning and Talent pipeline within the Section in coordination with the Human Capability Group to continuously develop employees with emphasis on UAE Nationals to meet Emiratization targets.
Budgets and Operational Plans
- Compile and provide input for preparation of the Department budgets and regularly monitor expenditure against approved the Section budget levels.
- Investigate, highlight and reconcile any significant variances to ensure effective performance and cost control.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Lead the implementation of approved Section policies, processes, systems, standards, procedures and internal controls in order to support execution of the Department work programs in line with Company and International standards.
- Implement the Company Performance Management System for individuals within the Section in accordance with Company approved guidelines and continuously monitor the achievement of the Section KPIs related to the approved Annual Performance Management Contract and the Balanced Score Card.
Organization Structure and Development
- Review, develop and recommend the appropriate organization structure for the Section that will best utilize human capital while proactively incorporating sustainability into the on-going work practices to meet the business objectives.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Encourage innovation, enhance employee motivation and support initiatives for implementation of Change Management to continuously improve operations and services.
- Propose improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the Section.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
- Support the institution of an HSE culture and ensure compliance with relevant HSE policies, procedures, systems & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines across the Section in line with international standards, best practices and company Code of Practices.
- Ensure adequate HSE training and induction for all Section employees to meet HSE standards.
Management Information Systems (MIS) and Reports
- Prepare all Section MIS and progress reports to provide accurate and timely reports and necessary information to Company Management to effectively manage the business.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Daily contacts with Project Support Manager to provide information, analysis, reports and plans, and take direction.
- Day-to-day contacts with VP Procurement Services Division, Senior Project Managers, Project Managers, Senior Cost Control Engineers, Senior Planning Engineers and other projects personnel regarding project activities.
- Frequent contacts with external Engineers/Consultants & Contractors for follow-up of work/cost performance and other related activities.
- QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- B.Sc. in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical or equivalent engineering discipline from an accredited Educational Institute. MBA is preferred.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge
- 10 years’ experience of project control in the oil/gas industry including at least 5 years in managerial capacity.
- Mastery over theories and principles of project cost control.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Excellent communication, team building, motivating and management skills.
- Mastery in application of Cost Estimating and Planning Software like ICARUS and P6.
- Very good knowledge of MS Office Software Application.
- Very good knowledge of English language both written and spoken. Knowledge of Arabic is preferable.
- Exposure to internationally known companies and standards.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.adnoc.ae.