We are currently looking for an experiences team manager to join our Finance Hydrocarbon Team.
Your team will be responsible for recording contracts for purchases and sales of stock in our systems, recording stock movements, stock reconciliations, invoicing, through stock valuation. The Team Manager role has dual responsibility as people leader and finance/business leader. As people leader supervises team and its operational deliverables, supports employee’s development, builds engagement and fosters collaboration across teams. As business leader ensures operational delivery according to standards and effective collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
The position entails providing direct supervision to the team of 8 finance specialists, organizing and coordinating workload and acting as a point of contact for any escalated issues as needed. The Team Manager is responsible for reporting and analyzing team performance and address operational issues to ensure that all metrics and processes are achieved. The role is also responsible in managing various personnel functions including but not limited to team resourcing, training, performance appraisals and manage under-performance if there is any. The Team Manager should also be able to identify process improvements or control gaps and resolutions. Participation in major change programs such as implementation and process standardization are also required.
• Provide ongoing support, guidance and coaching as needed to ensure effective teamwork, identification and resolution of issues and facilitation of stakeholder relationships.
• Takes ownership for end-to-end hydrocarbon process including contracting and pricing, stock recording and reconciliation, invoice settlement and valuation.
• Ensure all processes, procedures and controls are followed, and that a robust control framework is maintained. This includes adherence to the Work Instructions that this document is updated. Where issues occur, understand details and establish root causes whether coming from design or execution and take appropriate steps to resolve.
• Embed knowledge management (business/process) within the team and ensure that local process/business/stakeholder knowledge is adequately recorded/documented and retained.
• Support/drive stabilization theme (targeted improvements in manual workaround process, Feeder process/Process discipline, IT challenges etc) so that our operating processes are effective and robust.
• Constantly monitor the controls environment specifically risky transactions and ensure they are fit for purpose and kept robust and evergreen to suit the dynamic business.
• Identify possible improvement opportunities towards a more effective/efficient end-to-end process.
• Other relevant activities/tasks assigned by the line manager.
• Maintaining current work status considering the series of movements in the team.
• Possess ability to effectively prioritize multiple work issues/demands and deliver expected results.
• Developing and maintaining a strong working relationship with key stakeholders.
• Early identification and managing out of non-performing employees.
• Adapting to change/demonstrating flexibility whilst delivering status quo requirements of run and maintain operations.
• Promote work life balance by effectively distributing the workload within the team
• Preferably 5 yrs+ of Finance experience with demonstrated 2 yrs+ strong leadership and supervisory skills.
• Excellent influencing, communication and business partnering skills at varying levels within the organization.
• Ability / flexibility to deal with continuous change and taking the team along.
• Ability to drive results and sustainable past performance.
• Self-motivated with strong leadership skills.
• Strong change management skills and ability to influence team to drive/execute change agenda.
• Good problem-solving skills, analytical abilities, and inquisitive mindset.
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
• Excellent stakeholder management skills.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.shell.com.