To lead and manage the animal nutrition, quality and related technical work of the business through oversight of raw materials and finished feeds product quality, usage allocation, feed formulations, product development and technical support to Production and Sales.
- Develop and manage and grow the company’s animal nutrition intellectual property incorporating the database of nutrient matrices for all raw materials and finished feeds.
- Formulating all feeds for production using approved techniques and formulation software.
- Products costing and supporting the GM Sales in price setting of our products.
- Keep track of price movements of all raw materials and ensure that the raw materials matrices are updated at all times.
- Calculating margins for all feeds formulated to ensure the minimum margins are met at COGS level.
- Advising the COO timeously whenever the actual margins change against the targeted.
- Total familiarity with Nigerian regulatory requirements regarding animal feeds, maize mill and oil mill products and therefore ensuring total compliance.
- Supporting the Procurement Department with the required specifications and quantities of all the raw materials needed in order to guide purchasing decisions.
- Through the Quality Manager, to monitor the quality of all incoming raw materials and feedback on all decisions to accept or reject these raw materials.
- Through the Quality Manager, to timeously interpret all in-process quality control reports with clear feedback to Production on required actions.
- Monitor the quality of all finished feeds produced as reported by the Quality Manager and timeously feed back to him on the decisions on whether to proceed to market or hold.
- Daily check of integrity of feed formulations and re-formulations whenever necessary and required.
- Through the Field Technical Officer, to offer back-up to field sales staff and customers on the correct use of the company’s finished feeds.
- Through the Field Technical Officer, analyse and investigate all nutritional disorders and complaints reported from the field.
- Monthly reports of all formulations produced during the month, with the margins achieved.
- Through the Field Technical Officer, design and manage all poultry feeding trials and preparation of the necessary reports.
- Management of the Premixes section by designing the premix and additive products and supporting the Feed-mill with same.
- Development of the macro-pack products as a new channel and supporting Sales in growing this market.
- To research and design new poultry feed products and developing the pig and fish feeds range.
- Collecting information about the best in class and latest technology in animal nutrition and livestock production and adapting for use by us and our customers.
- Oversight of all standard operating procedures guiding the Quality section, the Premixes Section, and the Field services.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelors Degree in Animal Nutrition/ Animal Science/. An MSc in any of these fields will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years of working as a Nutritionist/ Feed Formulator.
- High level of feed formulation, animal nutrition and animal production understanding, particularly poultry.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Attention to detail and time management and excellent reporting
- Troubleshooting skills
- Process and results-oriented
- High level of integrity and ability to work with little or no supervision.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent Role
- Market Related
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to LUKAS LOUW at [email protected]
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Recruitment Executive
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
To apply for this job please visit www.caglobalint.com.