Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Technical Author, based in Aberdeen.
* Work with subject matter experts to incorporate best practice to management systems documents, in accordance with Company quality standards and specifications
* Apply Plain English and Human Factors standards to updated documents to ensure that they are clear, understandable and appropriate to the target audience
* Carry out quality control checks on the content of updated documents (including structure, format, style, spelling, grammar and consistency)
* Publish approved documents online and in hard copy (where appropriate) and communicate to relevant stakeholders within the business
* Work with Document Owners and others in the business to explain and guide them through the various document management processes
* Maintain records and audit trail in accordance with in-house processes
Experience & Qualifications:
* Experience in authoring of documentation for the oil and gas industry
* Experience in proofreading, copyediting and the application of Plain English
* High level of accuracy and attention to detail
* Excellent communication, organisational and administration skills
* Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
* Advanced Microsoft Word and Excel skills
* Proficient in Adobe Acrobat and SharePoint (or similar electronic document management system)
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference CR/050729.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
To apply for this job please visit www.orionjobs.com.