The Technical Manager reports to the EPCI Manager and is accountable for the management and delivery of the technical scope related to the Offshore Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Installation (EPCI) Contract.
The job holder is expected to ensure that a robust fit for purpose technical scope is delivered in line with agreed execution plans,
technical requirements, and Project HSEQ requirements. Principle elements of the technical scope are;
* Engineering (inc. installation engineering support to installation Team)
* Welding and NDT qualifications
* Spool base activities
* Overall ownership of Technical Clarification and Deviation process
* Provide management and leadership to direct reports and the Technical Team during all project phases.
* Ensure safe, on time and within budget delivery of all technical scope related elements of the EPCI scope of work.
* Monitor and manage all facets of work within the technical scope of work.
* Ownership of Technical Clarification and Deviation process.
* Support readiness processes to ensure a progressive preparation is made towards the start of site activities
* Establish a Technical Team organisation matched to the relevant project phase and ensure that resources are identified, mobilized and demobilized in accordance with the plan.
* Establish an accurately defined schedule for all phases of technical scope work and ensure this remains up to date.
* Ensure appropriate processes / ways of working are established and implemented appropriate to the work activities being undertaken.
* Bring to earliest attention of EPCI Manager issues which present a significant threat to the Project
* Represent the Technical Team, and EPCI Team as needed, at both internal and external meetings.
* Provide reporting function towards EPCI Manager for technical scope work activities, including tracking of work progress.
* Review documentation and prepare Company project documentation as required.
* Attend, contribute to and lead project meetings.
* Define, monitor and manage work tasks with external consultants and contractors as required.
* Review and comment MTV technical documentation.
* Validate qualification status of equipment and materials.
* Ensure all engineering and procurement work activities are performed in compliance with project technical requirements and are fit for purpose.
* Follow up of technical closure of deviation and non-conformance reports.
* Monitor, manage and address technical queries towards Company for technical scope, verify implementation of response.
* Provide leadership for implementation of the risks process within the technical scope.
* Provide effective leadership in identification and resolution of technical scope interfaces working in conjunction with other managers / senior discipline engineers and MWS in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
* Provide direction to the Technical Team and MTV to ensure that interfaces are properly managed and impacts minimized.
* Ensure that all technical scope work activities are performed in compliance with the highest regard to Health, Safety, Security and Environmental requirements.
* Provide leadership within technical scope work activities for all HSSE performance and compliance including monitoring of performance, implementation of corrective measures for performance issues and pro-active implementation of schemes / activities to improve upon good performance.
* Minimum of 10 years experience in management of large scale EPCI contracts with offshore pipeline / SURF type workscopes and proven team leadership / management experience.
* Minimum of 15 years relevant track record in pipeline / SURF procurement and engineering activities.
* Experienced engineering manager, able to assess and constructively challenge contractor engineering and assist contractor to arrive to best for project outcomes and specific detailed knowledge around.
* Ability to get along well with others in an international / multi-cultural environment and take a pragmatic approach to problem solving situations.
* Ability to multi-task and work as part of small and flexible team.
* Desire to take responsibility for own area of work and to hold self accountable to deliver in accordance with responsibilities.
* Ability to manage interfaces between multiple contractors.
* Ability to develop good working relationships with contractors and contractor personnel and progress collaborative problem solving.
* Fluency in the English language.
* Fluid communicator capable to represent the project in front of third parties and other stakeholders in a professional and organized manner
* A bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent is required with civil or mechanical engineering specialism preferred.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
To apply for this job please visit www.orionjobs.com.