NESFircroft are working on behalf of an industry leading Power Generation client actively sourcing for a Technical Marketing Specialist to join their growing transformer service business. Responsible to manage technical aspect of service offerings from Sales and tendering through to project delivery and close to ensure unit delivers high quality, compliant, cost effective and timely engineering solutions to customers. Formulate, plan and detail requirements to meet the agreed technical and contractual targets, within the financial constraints. Ensure team’s compliance with standard processes, procedures, practices and safety requirements. Working with the team, provide leadership, management and coordination of the engineering detail across the business unit. Drive technical performance across all activities meet the required safety, integrity and contractual requirements.
Responsible for technical marketing of the entire service portfolio for Transformer Service in the UK and Ireland. To maximize the our clients market potential and opportunity. Visiting potential clients to present technical offerings and secure business and ensuring continual update of the sales and marketing tool with visit reports and opportunities. Working with the Market Managers and front-end sales to focus on growth in line with the strategy. Interfacing and working with tendering to prepare suitable technical offers, fully costed. With operations to ensure fit to business capabilities and maximize opportunities to better Client expectations.
Supporting the provision of marketing and pipeline forecasts, data and strategy to support business growth
- Order Intake Work with Front End sales and Market Manager to deliver required order intake with improved percentage of TRES offerings across the portfolio
- Technical contribution Defines and ensures implementation of technical requirements and scope limitations for TRES Service offerings. Oversees progress within own area of responsibility, identifies and manages technical issues. Drives team and supplier performance to ensure that deliverables are met on time, as per the set contract, safety and quality requirements.
- Reporting and documentation Along with Market Manager and Operations Manager, manages all required reporting and documentation. Ensures all necessary data has been checked, approved and registered in a timely manner both internally, externally and recorded in ServIS.
- One PG Cooperates and coordinates activities with other Power Grids units and teams to harmonize Service activities and to maximize Service sales at every opportunity.
- Customer and sales Ensures delivery of technical solutions according to customer requirements, working with Sales and Tendering team. Drives development of processes/practices based on customer feedback and HAPG processes and procedures, taking into account HSE legislation at all times. Provides engineering support during the bid phase, ensures that the resources required to deliver the technical solutions are correctly accounted (e.g. the requirements for safety, technical competence, quality, schedule and cost). Manages the customer relationships, develops long term relationship with key customers. Works with the customer to shape and deliver solutions – seeks feedback and innovates with the customer to drive and deliver improvement. Works with Sales and WCFE to target new markets and Clients. Presents TRES offerings client events
- Contract management Oversees contractual work within own area of responsibility. Conducts regular progress reviews, identifies and manages contractual risks.
- Planning and control Working with the Operations Manager ensures that all the FS team is adequately developed and equipped to meet business needs. Creates work plans and cost estimates for engineering work.
- Risk and opportunity management Ensures completion of risk assessments and opportunity assessments and implementation of resulting actions across projects.
- Supply chain management Collaborates with the Project Manager to ensure that correct suppliers services and equipment are available to support the engineering execution.
- Technical leadership and development Facilitates best practice sharing within the team. Guides the business in building engineering capability through training, mentoring and shadowing programs. Supports business unit in establishing and deploying required frameworks/processes. Ensures processes are in place to capture and share best practices and operational experiences.
- Processes and tools Develops and drives continuous improvement activities to improve processes, policies, procedures and effectiveness within one’s area of responsibility
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Outgoing individual with drive to focus on Customer contact
- Relevant engineering degree, HNC or Diploma
- Strong background in the Transformers technology, engineering and Service
- Demonstrate excellent customer focus
- Good networking skills
- Results orientation
- Strong business acumen
- Strategic thinker
- Ability to make an Impact and influence change
- Strong people skills
- Knowledge of the product portfolio
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
To apply for this job please visit www.nesfircroft.com.