Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Technical Safety Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Updating Operational Safety Cases as required by the company’s UK processes and UK legislation.
* Maintaining positive and constructive relationship with the UK HSE regulator using well developed stakeholder management and communication skills.
* Maintaining excellent working relationships with contractors, EPCs, consultants and other 3rd parties associated with the project.
* Manage the preservation of Define phase ALARP design during the detailed design phase.
* Providing TA3/2 advice to the project if relevant.
* Providing TSE discipline / technical authority advice to the Projects on the a scalable approach of TSE studies required for a projects: ALARP Demonstration, Performance Standard Development, HAZID and HAZOP, Manual of Permitted Operations (MOPO), Bowtie Facilitation and Assessment, Facility Layout and Segregation, Hazardous Area Classification & Drawings, Ship Collision assessment, Dropped Object assessments, SSIV Assessments, MAH Assessments, Subsea/Topsides HIPPS assessments, Riser ESDV leakage assessments, Quantitative Risk Assessment, Escape, Evacuation and Rescue Systems, Temporary Refuges design and assessment, Firewater and Protection Systems, Passive Fire Protection Systems, Detection Systems (Fire, Gas and Toxic), Emergency Response (Fire-fighting, etc)., Explosion risk assessment & protection assessment, Fire risk assessment & protection assessment, Release and Dispersion modelling, Flare Radiation Assessment, Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA), Venting, flaring and relief systems, Blowdown and/or drain system and specific subsea related TSE studies
Experience & Qualifications:
* Interface with the relevant Asset Technical Safety Engineer to ensure overall risk impact on the facilities is managed.
* Reviewing and commenting on technical documentation submitted by key contractors, including technical deliverables, TQs etc.
* A working knowledge of DEM1 and DEPS associated with all above types of study. Providing advice to all third parties on the company’s requirements including the relevant DEPs.
* Strong aptitude for Learner Mindset
* Relevant experience in TSE Roles.
* Relevant experience in supporting operating facilities in a mature regulatory regime as TSE and / or
* Relevant Experience in supporting projects/modifications as TSE
* Proven experience as a Technical Safety TA3 or equivalent role
* Strong Technical Safety background with significant experience working under the UK offshore health, safety, and environmental legislative framework.
* Ability to deliver TSE scope in isolation without 3rd party support.
* Strong interpersonal skills and can work well with people at all levels.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills with both individuals and groups.
* Proven capability of workshop facilitation – HAZID, bowtie, due diligence reviews, what if studies
* Ensure Performance Standards owned by TSE are up to date and accurate
* Support TSE responsibilities under AIPSM
2 year Contract position
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/063746.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
To apply for this job please visit www.orionjobs.com.