Talascend is presenting a unique opportunity with a prominent Oil & Gas company for a full-time Safety Engineering role based in Norwich. This position, within the QSHE team, plays a pivotal role in ensuring compliance with UK QSHE legislation, industry standards, and best practices for a significant gas operator in the Southern North Sea.
Job Role Responsibilities:
- Conduct in-house safety studies (Total Risk Management, HAZID, Bowtie, ALARP) for operations and projects.
- Develop Barrier Diagrams (Bowties) and perform Consequence modeling using DNV GL PHAST or FLARESIM software.
- Execute Mini Quantitative Risk Assessments (QRA), including Event and Fault Tree development.
- Handle Hazardous Area Classification, Fire and Explosion Risk Assessment, and Safety Case Material Changes.
- Conduct 5-yearly Thorough Reviews, with knowledge of COMAH regulations being desirable.
- Prepare, commission, manage, and review technical safety studies from contractors, covering areas such as QRA, Cost Benefit Analysis, and Escape, Evacuation, and Rescue Assessment.
- Provide safety engineering support for the Management of Change process.
- Ensure regulatory compliance by engaging with operations and projects, identifying requirements, obtaining permits, and ensuring conditions are met.
- Coach and guide teams for compliance with legislation (OSDR/SCR, PFEER, DSEAR, DCR, PSR, PSSR).
- Liaise with regulatory bodies on HSE matters, interpreting and communicating regulatory drivers.
- Stay current with changes to HSE legislation, codes, guidelines, and industry standards.
- Support team members in achieving requirements under Safety Case Regulations.
Experience / Skills / Knowledge / Qualifications:
- Higher technical qualification in engineering (Process Safety, Chemical, or Mechanical); Chartered status desirable.
- 10+ years’ experience in Safety Engineering in the Oil & Gas Industry, with experience in both design and operation being desirable.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word/Excel mandatory), PHAST, PHA-Pro, BowTie XP, FLARESIM.
- Ability to prepare technical reports, work to deadlines, and interact confidently with Senior Management and regulatory bodies.
- Participation in critical courses such as FLARESIM (Flare Modelling), Health & Safety Compliance, and Risk Management using the Bowtie Method.
- Technically confident and organized, with a methodical approach.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Safety Engineers looking for new employment.
As part of putting people first, we strive to be an equal opportunities employer and we are always looking to increase the diversity of our workforce, working closely with our clients to ensure everyone is included.
To apply for this job please visit www.firstrecruitmentgroup.com.