Do you have a keen desire to learn and contribute to a high performing team, where initiative and being a team player is highly valued? As an Abandonment Technician, you will have the opportunity to contribute to abandonment projects in Western Canada with optimal effectiveness. You will advance your technical skills and interface with corporate and field personnel, while gaining exposure to all technical elements of well abandonments. This position provides an opportunity to collaborate with the Operations, Environment, Surface Land, Mineral Land and Production groups.
- Update abandonment database and triage new abandonment and suspension candidates
- Liaise with asset teams to promote timely abandonment approvals
- Raise AFE’s for the abandonment and suspension program including tracking partner approvals
- Update internal database and government systems when abandonments are completed
- Complete database reconciliation to ensure accurate data
- Assist with reporting as needed
- Other special projects as required
- Job location: Calgary, Alberta
- Shift schedule: 5 x 2, Monday to Friday, 8hr/days
- Eligible for relocation pursuant to Canadian Natural’s relocation policy
- Competitive salary, stock options, stock savings plan and benefits
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of Oil & Gas industry experience in a related field
- Relevant post-secondary education is an asset, but not required
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AccuMap, WellView, and other database programs is an asset
- Strong understanding of the AER Directive 20, AER Directive 13 and mineral land rights would be advantageous
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, along with accuracy and attention to detail are a must
Why Canadian Natural?
CANADIAN NATURAL is a senior independent crude oil and natural gas exploration, development and production company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our strong, diversified asset base is comprised of a balanced portfolio of light, synthetic, and heavy crude oil and natural gas. Canadian Natural operates in Canada, the United Kingdom and Offshore Africa.
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: “To develop people to work together to create value for the Company’s shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity.” We are committed to a long-term presence in the communities where we operate. Our activities create value by providing employment, business development opportunities, revenues to governments that contribute to spending on goods and services, and essential resources for public services, including health, safety, education and training.
Over the last 30 years, we have grown from a Company with nine employees to over 10,000 employees. We have increased our production from approximately 400 BOE/d in 1989 to more than one million BOE/d today.
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Ltd- “Canadian Natural” is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ
Application deadline is November 30, 2022. Apply now!
To apply for this job please visit cnrl.taleo.net.