Sustainable energy production is possible! Join our team to make it happen.
Aker Solutions’ FAT team is seeking to add a technician in Mobile, AL
We are not able to consider candidates outside of the United States at this time for this role.
What will you be doing?
Includes but not limited to:
- Learning/Assisting in Splicing of Fiber Optic cables
- Learning/Assisting in Testing Low Voltage Cables
- Learning/Assisting in Testing of Medium Voltage Cables
- Learning/Assisting Hydraulic Testing
- Perform Factory Authorized Testing Procedures on small to large Distribution Equipment
- Digitize current reporting methods to reduce shop floor paperwork.
- Learning/Assisting Setup of Flex Fatigue Machine/Tests
- Learning/Assisting Tensile/Torsional Machine and Test
- Learning/Assisting Crush Test Setup, Prep, Test
- Learning/Assisting Burst Test Setup, Prep, Test
- Accommodate Engineering or Product in unplanned and/or out-of-the ordinary testing
- Compiling reports, with forms provided by Engineering or Manufacturing
- Use of Microsoft products, OneDrive, Sharepoint.
- Inspect equipment and parts for deviations prior to assembly.
We think you should have:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 Years Manufacturing Experience or related field
- 0-3 Years min. experience in other Areas of Aker Manufacturing preferred.
- Experience in hydraulic testing, electrical testing preferred.
- Capable of Reading NASE Cleanliness
- Use of Microsoft Office Products required
- Sound mechanical knowledge including threads and thread forms, limits and fits, measuring units and conversions, basic math and mechanics, and properties of materials.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to adhere to attendance policy
- Belief in and implementation of 5S/Lean Manufacturing Principles
More reasons to work with us:
- Professional development and career opportunities
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Healthy work-life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks.
In addition, the Mobile, AL site has just undergone a renovation of its main building, optimizing space as well as providing a design to allow more natural light into the space. Right on the water, the Mobile site is truly a one stop shop for visitors and clients alike to have meetings using state of the art technology, as well as tour the plant to observe our manufacturing process using cutting edge technology. This is truly a workplace that is designed to foster a collaborative work environment in order to bolster creativity from our very talented workforce.
Interested? Contact us.
For more information about the position, please contact: Julie Watkins, Sr Recruiter, NES Advantage Solutions, [email protected]
NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing service.
This is Aker Solutions
Aker Solutions delivers integrated solutions, products and services to the global energy industry. We enable low-carbon oil and gas production and develop renewable solutions to meet future energy needs. By combining innovative digital solutions and predictable project execution we accelerate the transition to sustainable energy production. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.
To apply for this job please visit www.akersolutions.com.