We are one of the world’s leading energy producers, and a primary catalyst for the growth and diversification of the United Arab Emirates.
Our diverse family of more than 50,000 employees is made up of over 100 different nationalities. People from different backgrounds, with unique perspectives and wide-ranging skillsets, who share a collective responsibility: to enable and accelerate progress, both here in the UAE and across the globe.
Here, we, we go beyond business as usual. We do things differently, challenge convention, and embrace new ways of thinking. This is what defines and differentiates us.
By working together every day, we’re bringing energy to life.
Company : company Gas Processing
Job Title : Technician, Workshop
Perform preventive, breakdown and shutdown workshop maintenance and repair activities of plant equipment to support production, quality, and safety requirements.
- Carry out repair, calibration and testing of PSVs, Control valves, Isolation Valves and refurbishment of mechanical seals. Balancing of rotors (turbine, compressor, turbine and pumps) as per plant requirements.
- Carry out the preventive maintenance and corrective maintenance of Electronic Overhead Train (EOT) cranes and preventive maintenance of workshop machines as per their schedule.
- Carry out assigned routine and preventive maintenance and repair, including replacing worn or damaged parts and arranging for test runs as necessary to ensure safe operations.
- Carryout high pressure testing of manifold, pipes and static equipment, i.e. pressure vessels, heat exchangers etc.
- Carry out major overhaul of equipment, check clearances precisely and determine the usage / replacement of parts for continuous equipment availability.
- Participate in the diagnosis of faults of a more complex nature. Inspect and test completed work to ensure equipment efficient performance in accordance with requirements
- Verify and issue comprehensive daily activity reports outlining the cause of the fault, the nature of the work and the materials, labour and time taken to complete the task to ensure that the job is performed as per requirement
- Identify and obtain spare parts and the necessary tools to meet maintenance requirements.
- Carry out new installations, modification and testing of equipment through various stages as per plan and in line with supervisor’s instructions and check adherence to all parameters
- Identify areas for improvement in the activities performed and assist the senior section personnel to carry out modifications and improvements to the system.
- Complete necessary records in the system to provide work order failure history reporting. Provide input for the preparation of Method statements and Initiate Near miss reports.
- Update and maintain drawings, records and other documents related to the workshop maintenance for continuous availability.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Implement and comply with all relevant functional policies, processes, systems, standards, procedures, to accomplish operational objectives.
- Provide on-the-job Training to meet Competency Based Training programs for UAE Nationalization.
- Maintain all tools, safety gear and equipment provided by company safely and in working condition.
- Arrange for repair or replacement of any tools and safety gear that may not be in good working condition.
- Carry out all maintenance jobs in line with assigned time standards.
- Inform the Maintenance Supervisor in case additional resources are required to carry out the job within the assigned time frame.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Contribute to the identification of areas and opportunities for continuous improvement in the operating procedures, modification of functional processes, machinery or equipment.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
- Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and company Code of Practices.
- Participate in Emergency Response duties as a team member.
- Maintain the work environment clean and tidy before, during and after executing the job, in line with established standards of Hygiene and Housekeeping.
- Collect technical data from the field as required and provide inputs to prepare progress reports for Company Management.
- Provide input for the preparation of Method statements and initiate Near Miss reports.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Regular work related contact with concerned Team / Section Leader, and team members on matters related to Section Policies, Processes, and Procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or Secondary School Certificate with a vocational trade certificate in the relevant field.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
- 4 years of experience in installing, maintaining and repairing of equipment in the workshop within a large industrial plant, preferably in the Oil and Gas industry.
- Good working knowledge about repairs, maintenance servicing and overhaul of Static and Rotating Mechanical equipment in oil and gas and petrochemical plants,
- Conversant with usage of measuring and testing instruments,
- Knowledge of HSE procedures & practices,
- Planning and Organising, Scheduling and Co-ordinating, Checking, Examining and Recording,
To apply for this job please visit jobs.adnoc.ae.