ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
The Hess Technology Group seeks to transform our business performance through technology application and thrive in a continually disruptive world. The group has defined five key technology focus areas with a vision for transforming these areas using advancements in emerging technology. This role will help to integrate this vision into business plans, reports, and communications within the Hess organization. In support of this effort, this role is focused on being the central connection point between technology searchers, appliers, business planners, and connect with the broader Hess community.
The responsibilities of this position include defining, enabling and implementing the technology planning, measurement, reporting, integration, communication tools, processes, and rhythm used by the technology group. The role will use (and improve) the established process that is the backbone to orchestrating and demonstrating that status of the technology funnel, technology pilots, performance gaps, budget vs forecast, as well as budget and plan. The role will integrate closely across the technology team, asset technology managers, technology focus point contacts, digital enablement leader, various business functions, the planning community, and select external providers. Responsibilities include working with technology appliers in estimating future people, rigs, costs, kit to improve ‘planning for technology execution without disrupting the normal assembly line’.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Network internally and externally. Build relationships and contacts across the Hess Technology eco-system across assets/IT, functions, planners, and select suppliers
- Orchestrate technology and business planning functions, developing metrics to illustrate progress
- Develop and disseminate reporting
- Track Budget vs Plan/Forecast
- Coordinate regular updates to senior leaders and business unit leadership teams
- Coordinate gap identification (pain points) / resolution efforts (solutions)
- Consolidate the development of pilot economics and to support justification for solution deployment / scaling efforts
- Provide strategy development support
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Oil & Gas Operations
- Broad understanding of core principles of Upstream business with specialist knowledge in at least one functional discipline
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships across multiple stakeholders
- Extraordinary organization and product delivery
- Comfortable with ambiguity, yet quick to converge on solutions
- Strong influencing capabilities
- Works well in a collaborative environment; actively shares best practices and is a team player
- Ardent Networker – across industry, outside of industry, professional societies
Education, Training & Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Sciences, Technology, Engineering, or Math
- Creativity – constantly seeking new ideas and ways of working to enhance value and reduce risk.
- Inspires Innovation – uses a full scan of the world and seeks world-class performance; bold in exploring disruptive changes to make break-throughs happen to the ultimate benefit of the shareholder
- Thinks Strategically – Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented
- Demonstrates Courage – questions status-quo, takes hold of challenges and formulates a way forward
- Builds Trusted Relationships – works to move outside of comfort zone and develop trusted relationships that enable business challenges to be tackled with effective partnership; creates effective teams
- Delivers High Performance – unsatisfied with the status quo; urgently driving to improve business performance through relationships, process, innovation, etc.
Hess is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Hess is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, click here or send an email to MyHR@Hess.com.
Posting Notes: Lisa B Willet | Employee | Economics & Planning | United States| Texas | Houston | | | | | No | 26503
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hess.com.