Tow Master – FPSO
Location: Paris (Aug 22 – Dec 22) – Dubai (Jan 23 – Feb 23) – Ivory Coast (Mar 23 – May 23)
Contract type: Initial 12-month PAYE contract
Experience Required: FPSO mooring / unmooring operations
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
Key Words: FPSO, Oil and Gas, VLCC, maritime rules and standards, tugs spread management, maritime, Installation Methods Engineering / Operation
We are a global advanced technological and engineering platform for the design, construction and operation of complex, safe and sustainable infrastructures, and plants. We are currently able to expand our team and have partnered with Airswift so support us in our hiring process.
We are currently looking to appoint a Tow Master, this would be on a PAYE basis for an initial 12-month contract, this would initially be located in Paris for the prep phase, then the sail away from Dubai and Finally the installation phase offshore in Ivory Coast. Day rate to be discussed.
During office preparation phase:
- Provide remote support for the reviewing of general project procedures, drawings, checklists, and analysis reports:
- FPSO hook up procedure and station keeping analysis; including step by step of FPSO hook up plan views (.DWG)
- FPSO mooring recovery and transfer procedure
- FPSO mooring hook up control and as-built report instruction (check list)
- Mooring lines pre-installation contingency and installation aids procedure
- Tensioning strategy for mooring lines
- Provide remote support for the reviewing of available information on FPSO (dimensions, deck layout, draft, mooring equipment)
- Provide remote support for the reviewing of available information on FPSO Installation site (field layout, weather conditions, sea state etc…)
- Provide inputs for FPSO/ FPSO Spread positioning drawings (remotely)
- Provide remote support for the reviewing and validation of FPSO mooring spread selection
- Provide remote support for towing Tug spread mobilization plan issuance
- Provide remote support to Operations Team for the reviewing of installation aids procurement plan
- Review FPSO mooring equipment specification / requisition / suppliers documentation using MDR and highlight via a memo any point that will need to be checked
- Prepare together with Operations Department organization chart for personnel onboard during FPSO mooring activities
- Participate to risk workshop on FPSO mooring installation in the office/ Remotely (TBC)
In the shipyard prior to FPSO sail away (Dubai – UAE):
- Perform SIT on board FPSOs at Dubai Shipyard
- Listing and verification of materiel and auxiliary equipment onboard FPSO
During offshore operations (Abidjan – Ivory Coast)
- Installation Fleet Inspection (Tugs + Mooring/Hook Up Vessel) – TBC
- Attend marine spread surveys with MWS – TBC
- Coordination of the FPSO Positioning/ Station keeping during mooring lines hook-up campaign
- Coordination of the FPSO Heading control/ positioning with Tugs during Riser & Umbilical hook-up operation.
- Tow master denomination is designing competent person for towing of FPSO, as well as all other aspects of VLCC type vessel sailing operations, including afloat stability, safe station keeping, seaworthiness, navigation, appraisal of weather and passage planning up to safe mooring in shelter/anchorage/port designated area.
- He/she shall have significant experience in FPSO mooring/unmooring operations and related tugs spread management.
- He/she must have a highlevel knowledge of related Maritime rules and standards (among others: Flag State and ship Flag Rules, class, and Regulations concerning Safety of Navigation / ISM & ISPS Codes / STCW 95/2010 / SOLAS 1974 and amended, plus all International Maritime conventions in force).
- He/she shall also have expert knowledge of offshore marine operations & pilotage standards and rules.
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.airswift.com.