At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we can work together.
ExxonMobil has operated in the U.K. for more than 135 years. We are best known today for the marketing of our Esso fuels and Mobil 1 lubricants and for our petrochemicals. We have refining and chemical operations in the UK, we operate the UK’s biggest private pipeline network and we retain a non-operated share in a number of fields in the North Sea. More recently, we are developing our involvement in lower emission projects in the UK, building on our experience in carbon capture and storage (CCS), hydrogen production and biofuels.
An ExxonMobil career is one designed to last. Our commitment to you runs deep: our employees grow personally and professionally, with benefits built on our core categories of health, security, finance, and life.
Please note benefits may be changed from time to time without notice, subject to applicable law.
The closing date for this role is Monday 13th November 2023.
What role you will play in our team
Currently based in Leatherhead, Surrey (but moving to Central London, in December 2023).
Join us as a Trading Risk and Compliance Advisor. Become part of a global team responsible for monitoring and managing the risk associated with ExxonMobil’s diverse trading activities (Crude, Natural Gas, Power and Renewables). You will provide Compliance analysis for global and regional activities, working closely with key stakeholders including Trading, Legal, Middle and Back Office on daily Compliance matters, whilst also supporting the maintenance and implementation of commercial activities from a Compliance and Market Risk perspective.
To be eligible for this role, you must:
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics or other quantitative field.
- Have experience or high intellectual curiosity in energy trading, trading regulatory compliance, financial or energy risk management and an understanding of Commodity Life Cycle.
- Possess a broad range of personal effectiveness and leadership skills, with the ability to facilitate and influence business decisions in a team environment.
- An advanced degree, such as a Law, Master’s, MBA, CFA, is preferred but not required.
- Supporting compliance with the application of laws, rules and regulations, as it relates to risk reporting and trading
- Participating in reviews of new transactions and new products, analysing the impact on compliance
- Developing and maintaining compliance plans, policies and procedures, monitoring adherence to these policies
- Implementing new monitoring techniques based on changes to the business’s trading activity and/or the latest rules and regulations
- Ensuring existing requirements and future reporting specifications are documented and tested
- Maintaining and performing rigorous counterparty and broker selection processes
- Assisting with the preparation of regulatory compliance reports, as required
- The successful candidate should also keep abreast of upcoming, new and revised rules, regulations and directives applicable to the business, and facilitate changes, as required. Whilst also maintaining general knowledge, expertise and awareness in the energy trading risk management area.
Preferred Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
- A results oriented self-motivated individual who takes task ownership for outcomes and strives for excellence
- An individual who is open to new challenges and seeks to learn and understand complex material and is comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail with a strong process execution focus with a result orientation approach
- Robust problem solving skills and a desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the global regulatory landscape for commodity and financial trading including but not limited to REMIT, MiFID II, MAR, EMIR, Dodd-Frank, CEA etc
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of financial instruments and trading venues preferred
- Existing knowledge or and use of trading analytical tools, ETRMs, Trade Surveillance and Communications Software, coding languages
- Strong understanding of financial analysis and application to energy transactions
- The desire to work in a fast-paced, diverse and inclusive environment
- Previous commodities and risk experience with the potential to forge a career in the trading business
Stay connected with us
Learn more at our website
Subscribe our channel at YouTube
Conditions of Employment
Successful candidates will be made a conditional offer of employment. The conditions include, but are not limited to: a satisfactory criminal records disclosure; satisfactory employment references over five years (where applicable); verification of qualifications, including any professional accreditation stated in the application; completion of a pre-employment medical, including a test for illicit or unprescribed drugs in accordance with the Company’s safety policies; and the legal right to work on the agreed commencement date.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
ExxonMobil and its United Kingdom subsidiary companies, Esso Petroleum Company, Limited, and ExxonMobil Chemical Limited, are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. All applicants are offered equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities during our recruitment processes, therefore, please contact the Recruitment Team if you wish to discuss any particular requirements to enable you to complete our recruitment process.
Nothing herein is intended to override the corporate separateness of local entities. Working relationships discussed herein do not necessarily represent a reporting connection, but may reflect a functional guidance, stewardship, or service relationship.
Exxon Mobil Corporation has numerous affiliates, many with names that include ExxonMobil, Exxon, Esso and Mobil. For convenience and simplicity, those terms and terms like corporation, company, our, we and its are sometimes used as abbreviated references to specific affiliates or affiliate groups. Abbreviated references describing global or regional operational organizations and global or regional business lines are also sometimes used for convenience and simplicity. Similarly, ExxonMobil has business relationships with thousands of customers, suppliers, governments, and others. For convenience and simplicity, words like venture, joint venture, partnership, co-venturer, and partner are used to indicate business relationships involving common activities and interests, and those words may not indicate precise legal relationships.