Description – External
Contribute. Grow. Lead…with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda – key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. For every product it makes, OxyChem’s market position is No. 1 or No. 2 in the U.S.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Traffic Assistant with our Calcium Chloride plant located in Ludington, Michigan.
Functions that must be performed in order to fulfill Primary Function stated above include:
- Create daily rail switch instructions for the Ludington Site and Cal-Chlor for the local railroad.
- Optimize fleets by matching available railcars to existing customer orders.
- Complete shipping transactions in SAP to process orders for railcars shipped from the Ludington site. This includes transactions to allocate product, arrive and depart various modes of transportation, enter and verify accurate shipment weights, print required paperwork, and perform accurate goods issues.
- Record loading information in spreadsheets to document loading dates for railcar and boxcar shipments. This includes current and future orders already entered in SAP. This allows order mgmt to work with liquid loaders to plan and allocate resources.
- Create billing for loaded hoppers from plant to yard via Rail Connect.
- Organize food grade lined hoppers with the railroad before a food grade run begins to optimize run time and capture as many food grade cars as needed.
- Create rail and truck consignment orders as needed.
- Create CofA’s not generated by SAP. i.e. consignment deliveries
- Order boxcars from MQT as needed
- Monitor inbound Oxy/Mosaic railcars. Request orders from CRR as cars get to Michigan.
- Request orders from CRR for customer railcars as they near Ludington.
- Troubleshoot railcars in wrong locations.
- Verify monthly rail switch invoice for Oxy and Cal-Chlor.
- Consolidated truck billing spreadsheet to CRR weekly.
- Own the business rules that are used to make shipping decisions.
- File truck bills of lading
- Coordinate with the Oxy rail maintenance group on the scheduling of cars going to shop for required qualifications and inspections.
- Communicate rail car defects to the Oxy rail maintenance group to determine the best option for repair.
- Communicate shortfalls of resource availability to Marketing and Customer Service Center and propose solutions.
- Communicate all non-compliances to the proper people. Participate in CAR’s to review, investigate, and help to resolve non-compliances.
- Schedule miscellaneous shipments for goods not in SAP. Prepare appropriate paperwork.
- Secondary back up to Security during an emergency.
- Department project work including creating O/D, writing procedures, filing, adding to databases, etc.
- Maintenance of electronic and paper libraries and file systems, assuring adherence to record retention policies and schedules.
- Large amounts of email communications are done each day.
- Actively support plant and corporate HESS safety programs, objectives, and expectations.
- Follow the Ludington Guiding Principles.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Working knowledge and experience using SAP would be beneficial
- Must have excellent communications skills and an ability to work with a wide variety of people
- Maintain current Transportation Worker Identity Credential (TWIC)
– Supply Chain Support
– United States-Michigan-Ludington
– OXY CHEM
To apply for this job please visit oxy.taleo.net.